Epic Mickey Planned as a Four Part Series,Mass Effect 3: Rebellion DLC, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD Soundtrack,New Castlevania,Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Special Edition Details
Epic Mickey Planned as a Four Part Series
Credit: [ Playstation Lifestyle ]
Game designer Warren Spector recently revealed just how epic he has been planning the Epic Mickey series to be, explaining that from the outset he had envisioned it spanning four separate games.
In an interview with MCV, Spector explained that when it came time to start on the sequel to Epic Mickey, he was hardly taken off guard, as he had several additional games planned from the very beginning. “Before the first Epic Mickey I actually had a four-game storyline arc, and I had at least three games worth of the ‘game innovation’ to introduce,” he said. “So the idea of two-player co-op and songs in the second game was something I knew I wanted to do before I started the first.”
Spector went on to discuss how the story of the games have continued to evolve and change throughout the development process, even though he had much of it planned a while back.
We never really do the stories I come up with, because we can always come up with better ones once we’ve lived in a game’s world for a while. But I am pretty good at predicting the gameplay mechanics and innovations.
I knew what it was going to be – in essence – in 2005.
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is being developed by Junction Point Studios and Blitz Games, and is scheduled for release this September.
Mass Effect 3: Rebellion DLC
Bioware announced today that they will be releasing the Mass Effect 3 “Rebellion Pack” DLC for free, on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC next week on May 29th.
The ME3 Rebellion Pack DLC includes two new maps, a new gear slot and new in-game objectives. Then, three new weapons and six new characters will be available in existing reinforcements packs that you can purchase with in-game credits. So it’s still real money free. You can read more about the new maps, characters and weapons below.
- Thanks to their unique physiology and their Bloodlust ability, the Vorcha are joining the fight and are perfectly suited for the utilitarian soldier kit.
- The innate aggressiveness found within the Vorcha make them shockingly durable combatants, and when coupled with their Flamer skill, the Vorcha sentinel is a force to be reckoned with.
Male Quarian Engineer
- Quarians have spent centuries at perpetual salvage and ship repair; the survival of their species depends on this technical expertise. When bringing the new Arc Grenade to the fray, the Quarians prove their prowess as effective engineers on the battlefield.
Male Quarian Infiltrator
- The Male Quarian Infiltrator must actively rely on stealth while in the heat of battle, and when they make use of their Tactical Scan ability, they quickly prove their mettle while continuously dishing out the pain.
- When the Illusive Man turned to indoctrination in order to ensure the loyalty of his troops, many Cerberus operatives defected and joined the Alliance in order to stop the Reapers. Now that we’re on the same team, Ex-Cerberus Vanguards (along with their new Lash attack) are quickly proving their worth.
- A result of the Illusive Man’s early experiments in enhanced human physiology, Ex-Cerberus subjects are highly skilled combat and biotics specialists. As a result, Ex-Cerberus Adepts can lay waste to the enemy with their Smash and Singularity powers.
- Surrounded by huge waterfalls, Firebase Jade overlooks an ancient reservoir built by the salarians centuries ago. Set up strategic chokepoints inside the base’s main buildings to get the jump on your enemy, and work with your team to meticulously clear each room to achieve victory.
- Nestled in the epicenter of a Thessian metropolis, Firebase Goddess is one of the last strongholds of asari resistance against the Reapers. With its circular layout, Firebase Goddess is a tough location to control. This arena combines heavy cover and elevated firing positions, so stay light on your feet.
Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle
- These Cerberus-modified Mattock rifles are fully automatic. Cerberus gunsmiths reined in the recoil issues, resulting in a gun that stay on target, but delivers slightly less punch per round than a standard Mattock. As such, the weapon is typically utilized by Cerberus’ elite troopers, who train constantly to make every burst count.
Reegar Carbine Shotgun
- This electrical weapon improves upon the arc pistol’s design by generating a sustained current on its target. This weapon is named for the Quarian Reegar family, whose marines have served valiantly against the Geth.
Krysae Sniper Rifle
- This Turian antimaterial rifle is modified to kill Reaper enemies. The Krysae’s scope uses a rangefinder that adjusts to keep the target in proper proportion to the shooter, which comes in useful when the sniper is forced into close range. Its specialized ammunition is both armor-piercing and explosive. In a desperate move, the Turians released its specifications over the extranet so that nearly anyone with a fabricator could manufacture this weapon to help the war effort.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD Soundtrack
Credit: [ Gamespot ]
Songs taken from Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2:
“Bring the Noise” – Anthrax featuring Chuck D (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
“Superman” – Goldfinger (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1)
“When Worlds Collide” – Powerman 5000 (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
“Heavy Metal Winner” – Consumed (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
“May 16″ – Lagwagon (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
“No Cigar” – Millencolin (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
“You” – Bad Religion (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2)
Songs new to the Tony Hawk franchise:
“The Bomb” – Pigeon John
“We the People” – Lateef the Truthspeaker
“Marathon Mansion!”- Pegasuses-XL
“Teenage Blood – Apex Manor
“Please Ask for Help” – Telekinesis
“Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix)” – El-P featuring Trent Reznor
“USA” – Middle Class Rut (new to the franchise)
New Castlevania Games
Credit: [ GamingExaminer ]
Konami marketing usually always involving teasing its fanbase with mysterious and shadowy images. This time, it appears the publisher will be making a sequel to the hit ‘Castlevania: Lord of Shadow’.
The new teaser from Konami’s Facebook states, “The Dragon Returns on 5.31.12.” which just so happens to be the same day as Konami’s pre-E3 press conference. At that point you can expect to hear the “official” announcement of the game, whatever it actually is.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Special Edition Details
Credit: [ Joystiq ]
The console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will hit PS3s and 360s the world over with a lightning-infused glove come the week of September 10, 2012 — just four days shy of the game’s one-year arcade anniversary Japan.
Coming from Namco Bandai’s European wing, the announcement was accompanied by news of pre-order bonuses and a European collector’s edition, as seen above. Pre-ordering from Shopto will net you Michelle Chang and Angel as bonus fighters, whereas a pre-order from Zavvi includes Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre, all of which can be seen in the gallery below.
Meanwhile, the “We Are Tekken” collector’s edition includes a metal case, the game’s soundtrack, a remix album, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a 200-plus page hardcover artbook (and the game itself).
We’ve reached out to Namco Bandai to find out if any of these bonuses will be making it stateside.
Tommrow we will have a movie of the week, thoughts on Ghost Recon , plenty more details on our E3 pressence and don’t forget to send me a friend request on Xbox Live @ BradWardLive and i’ll send you a request to the Official GamingRing.Com Ghost Recon Squad called GamingRing Live.