GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs

Ice Cube will replace Vin Diesel in the Revolution sequel to its action franchise XXX, to be directed by Lee Tamahori (Die Another Day).

Originally envisioned as a franchise to star Diesel, Cube will step in to play a new character who is recruited by the National Security Agency to become a XXX agent. The XXX name refers to a three-strikes rule the NSA employs to give criminals the option of joining the crime-fighting force or going to prison.

Tamahori will direct the new adventure, which will be largely set in Washington D.C. and emphasize thriller elements over the first's extreme sports action. He will helm from a script by Simon Kinberg (Mr. and Mrs. Smith). Revolution plans to begin shooting next summer for a 2005 release.

Vin Diesel next stars in The Chronicles of Riddick, Universal's followup to Pitch Black, and did not want to film two sequels back-to-back.

Diesel will instead star in Hannibal for Revolution. Written by Gladiator screenwriter David Franzoni, the film follows the exploits of the 3rd century B.C. Carthaginian general who rode an elephant across the Alps to attack Rome.

From Comingsoon.net

Uh, I dunno what to think about that. At first I read a very small thing at some crappy site that said Ice Cube was gonna replace Vin Diesel's character and was like WTF? lol, good thing that site cleared it up.

ya i also heard that it might be like his son or summin or just another dude.
    Spoiler:
    WWG Superstar

The Irish Assassin
    DannyBoyFlinn

Undercova Brotha

Vin Diesel has a big ego. He asks for $15 Million a film, even though he's only had a few hits under his belt and can't act worth a shit, and XXX proved just that. I wasn't crazy about XXX, but if Ice Cube's gonna take on this role, he better do some serious bulking up, otherwise, the XXX Franchise will be looked at as a joke. Not like it was supposed to be taken seriously, anyways...

hmm, they now hire actors for films and not beefcakes? go figure....

People who list thier "Accomplishments" should be shot.

-=Loakers=-

Check-pointer

hmmm exactly what happened to the umm 2fast2furios movie i forgot maybe the same will happen here.....payce....

Originally posted by MaKcT04:
    hmmm exactly what happened to the umm 2fast2furios movie i forgot maybe the same will happen here.....payce....
    The same is happening here, that's primarily what this post is about

well even if they had been having the same character with a different actor, while my initial reaction was "why the hell would they do that?", my next and more rational thought was that it doesnt matter. look at the likes of the James Bond films and Batman, they have had different actors playing the same part and (not to the same extent with batman) it hasnt effected things. obviously people will always prefer one over the other, but as long as the film quality remains it doesnt matter a damn.

and as for them trying to make it more thriller based.... well.... good luck with that

Tried the Demo

I think cube is a funny actor. I didn't really like the first XXX because of the crappy computer animated scenes

Check-pointer

I wouldn't go see it if ice cube is the star. It is like a step down.

I was never too much of a fan for Ice Cube's acting skills. I liked XXX I thought it was pretty good but Diesel needs to take a chill pill or nobody will want to hire him. 1 more thing it wouldn't work if Ice Cube was meant to be Diesels character for the fact he's black. I'm not being racist but would make no sense Diesel's character changing skin colour unless they do something like give him a makeover. Anyway probably won't go and see this in the Cinema's at the moment but if I hear good things about it then I may go.
    Currently Playing: Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2), SOS: Final Escape (PS2), Resident Evil Oubtreak File 2 (PS2)

Thread Information