GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Re: Last Concert You Went To?

Went to see The Mudmen on Friday night. Brilliant show, if you ever get a chance too see them, do it. They're really nice guys too. The long haired Babpiper is Robbie McCallister from WWE.

Sig & Avatar Credit: Imp

My Mood
    Grumpy

Saw Halestorm, Saliva and Shinedown tonight at the NorVa. Awesome fucking show, im not a huge Saliva fan, but they played a great set tonight. Then now this was my 3rd time seeing Halestorm, and they aren't even a mainstream band yet, they've just been touring the east coast with Shinedown since '06. Shinedown...what else is their to say? This is the 5th time I've seen Shinedown, 2nd concerts in a row with Halestorm and Shinedown...both bands impressed me again.

Plus Halestorm comes out with their first album next month, but they were selling advanced albums tonight for $5.00 (same price as beer), a friend of mine I was their with bought it, he's letting me burn it.

My first concert in 3 years, well worth the wait.

1000+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

Yeah i missed out on seeing Shinedown/Seether/Flyleaf/Halestorm a few years back, and am seeing Shinedown for the 2nd time on May 3rd along with Saving Abel, and just learned that Halestorm is going to be at the show. I've heard a few of their songs (mainly a few years ago when i thought i was going to get to see the show...before my plans fell through), and i am definitely looking forward to seeing Brent and the guys again, i'm just hoping they play Burning Bright this time, because they neglected to play that last time i saw them.

l8ter
    Accomplishments
    Member of the 1st GR Hall of Fame, 4x Mega Mod, Former Longest Reign as a Mega Mod, 3x Mod, 2x GR Admin, Former WWG Intercontinental Champion, Former WWG World Champion

My Mood
    Grumpy

They played Burning Bright for us, they played pretty much every song I wanted to hear other than "Shed some light". Most of the set is from Sound of Madness...but Shinedown played for 2 hours so they got plenty out of the way.

Plus they were the first band out of the 30+ concerts ive been too, that has ever done a 5 song encore...so you never know.

1000+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

Yeah last time i saw Shinedown they weren't the headlining act (Angels & Airwaves was) and i guess what pissed me off more than anything is that they played "lady so divine" instead of Burning Bright, mainly because that is probably my least favorite Shinedown song. But i will mark out like no other if they play "Stranger Inside" and "In Memory" off Leave a Whisper, because the songs, especially Stranger Inside, have stood the test of time for me, and remain my two favorite Shinedown songs.

l8ter
    Accomplishments
    Member of the 1st GR Hall of Fame, 4x Mega Mod, Former Longest Reign as a Mega Mod, 3x Mod, 2x GR Admin, Former WWG Intercontinental Champion, Former WWG World Champion

So I went to see Bob Dylan for the second time at the NIA last night. On the whole it was a very enjoyable show. I only found out the tickets were on sale like a day after they'd started, so I couldn't get seats as good as last time; though fortunately most of the people there were older than us so we were able to stand longer for a better view. I never seem to land seats in sections with a good atmosphere, which is a shame; although at a Dylan concert I think you need to be right at the front to experience the kind of atmosphere I'd like, and obviously it’s hard to get seats there.

Over half the set was the same as last time, but with Dylan that's never a bad thing because he rarely plays one song the same way; indeed there were a lot of very nice new arrangements last night. Unexpected surprises of the night were 'Ballad of a Thin Man' and especially 'Desolation Row'; I'm really glad to have heard those live. I was a little disappointed he didn't play anything from the '70s, though, because I know he has been on the tour; instead he stuck mostly to Highway 61 Revisited and Modern Times. Here's the set list for anyone who's interested.

As with most of his shows nowadays, Dylan was at the keyboard for just about every song, excluding 'It Ain't Me, Babe' early in the show. Also, except for an out of character expression of his gratitude prior to introducing his band that was so unexpected that it was a highlight of the gig, he maintained his reputation of not interacting with the audience during the show; shame, but nonetheless expected.

On the whole, though, I had a great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Halen View Post
    he maintained his reputation of not interacting with the audience
    I always find that a little strange. I know talking to masses of people isn't for everybody but I just don't really like when people don't interact with the people who've paid good money to see them.

We went to see Muse and aside from between songs once or twice it was all very impersonal. It was still a great gig but it was almost like watching it on a DVD at times because we were stood pretty far back (which in itself suits me down to the ground.)

The thing I don't like about sitting far back is how futile it can be to clap and cheer, particularly when you're seated in a section as dead as I was last night. Whenever I clapped during a song, after a famous line or something, the guy next to me would throw a stern look my way and start shaking his head. Makes me wonder why people like that bother going to concerts at all.

Those people are what uppercuts were invented for.

When we went to Wembley for the NFL year before last (this is related, stay with me ) me and my brother-in-law did some football (soccer) style chanting for the comedy value. And to be vocal for the team we'd decided to support, obviously.

So some middle-aged woman in front who'd clearly only come along because her husband likes NFL turns around and says to us: "I don't think they can hear you."

Achievement Hunter Poop Ship Destroyer's Avatar

Saw Mogwai for the 2nd time 2 nights ago in Brooklyn (was their 2nd show of a 3 night stay). WOW...

LOUDEST, most intense concert I've ever witnessed. words cannot even begin to describe the experience. I could feel my clothing vibrate from the sheer volume at times. So much better than the last time I saw them a few months ago. The Twilight Sad opened, and they kicked lots of ass as well. the show was also being filmed for some movie... so I guess i'm gonna be in a movie, haha

i'm surprised my camera actually handled recording pretty well, especially this song...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TZwo0zi6xI"]YouTube - Mogwai - Like Herod @ Music Hall of Williamsburg 4/28/09[/ame]

Last edited by Poop Ship Destroyer; April 30, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Keepin' it brown

YouTube Player

Just returned home from seeing Taddy Porter, Royal Bliss, Saving Abel, and Shinedown.

Taddy Porter was horrible, and they only played for 15 minutes. Royal Bliss was actually pretty solid, i had heard one of their songs on Octane Radio, and will definitely be checking more of their stuff out. Saving Abel was pretty good over all, but i think i prefer the sound on their CD to their live sound.

Shinedown was just fucking epic. Only thing that sucks is there were a ton of tweens there that think they're cool because they play "Second Chance" a ton on one of the pop stations in town...but other than that, it was an amazing set. Definitely very heavy tilt towards stuff from their new cd "The Sound of Madness". They started with "Cry for Help" which was definitely not what i had anticipated, but it was awesome. Song of the night for me was definitely "Call Me", which is the closing track on Sound of Madness. It was just Brent, and one of the guitar players on piano, and it was such a powerful, and emotional performance. Overall a killer set, and they played like a 4 song encore, which was a nice touch, cause the last two shows i have seen (In Flames and Mudvayne) didnt include an encore.

Here is the songs that Shinedown played....

Leave a Whisper: Fly From the Inside, Left Out, Burning Bright, 45
    Us and Them: Heroes, Save Me, I Dare You
    Sound of Madness: Devour, Sound of Madness, Second Chance, Cry for Help, The Crow & The Butterfly, If You Only Knew, Sin With a Grin, Cyinide Sweet Tooth Suicide, Call Me

l8ter
    Accomplishments

I went to see Killswitch Engage and Lucana Coil, Chimira... Next week I am going to Korn

Spoiler:
    WWG Seasons

Singles Superstar: CM Punk
    Punks Record: 0-0-0

Next Match: Waiting to debut
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Rattle_Snake View Post
    I went to see Killswitch Engage and Lucana Coil, Chimira... Next week I am going to Korn

Lucky Bastard, i love Killswitch, and they kick major ass live, i'm not a huge Lacuna Coil fan, but they were good live, and Chimaira was good live as well.

I just got back from seeing Troy (local band), Aranda, and Korn.

Troy was good, i saw them a few years ago when they opened up for Madina Lake and Papa Roach, and from what i can remember they have gotten better over the years. Aranda was pure garbage, they were at best, a 3rd rate psuedo knockoff of bands like Buckcherry and Hinder, just awful.

Korn...i will start by saying that i went to this concert merely for nastolgic reasons. When i was in middle school Korn was one of the biggest rock bands around, and here we are 10 years later, and they still have it. Johnathon Davis is a fuckin beast, and sounds exactly the same as he did on their debut album. This was one of the best all around sets i have ever seen, and really enjoyed how they didnt do a lot of talking in between songs, they used their music to do all the talking. A few hits were notciably missing, but they played pretty much everything i expected them to. 16 years in the business, and they are still a force to be receckoned with.

Heres the set list that Korn played....

Right Now
    Chi
    Good god
    Did my time
    Thoughtless
    Falling away from me
    Clown
    Ball tongue/lodi dodi
    Bagpipes Intro/Helmet In A Bush
    Twist
    Divine
    Fake
    Y'all want a single
    Coming undone
    Somebody someone
    Freak on a leash
    Another brick in the wall

Blind
    Here to stay
    Got the life

l8ter
    Accomplishments

Been here way to long

Quote Originally Posted by QuinneH View Post
    Just returned home from seeing Taddy Porter, Royal Bliss, Saving Abel, and Shinedown.

Taddy Porter was horrible, and they only played for 15 minutes. Royal Bliss was actually pretty solid, i had heard one of their songs on Octane Radio, and will definitely be checking more of their stuff out. Saving Abel was pretty good over all, but i think i prefer the sound on their CD to their live sound.

Shinedown was just fucking epic. Only thing that sucks is there were a ton of tweens there that think they're cool because they play "Second Chance" a ton on one of the pop stations in town...but other than that, it was an amazing set. Definitely very heavy tilt towards stuff from their new cd "The Sound of Madness". They started with "Cry for Help" which was definitely not what i had anticipated, but it was awesome. Song of the night for me was definitely "Call Me", which is the closing track on Sound of Madness. It was just Brent, and one of the guitar players on piano, and it was such a powerful, and emotional performance. Overall a killer set, and they played like a 4 song encore, which was a nice touch, cause the last two shows i have seen (In Flames and Mudvayne) didnt include an encore.

Here is the songs that Shinedown played....

Leave a Whisper: Fly From the Inside, Left Out, Burning Bright, 45
    Us and Them: Heroes, Save Me, I Dare You
    Sound of Madness: Devour, Sound of Madness, Second Chance, Cry for Help, The Crow & The Butterfly, If You Only Knew, Sin With a Grin, Cyinide Sweet Tooth Suicide, Call Me

l8ter

I dunno whether to hate you or call you my hero. Shinedown would have been beyond epic to see, especially with that set list.

"Call Me" is such an amazing song and means a tone to me, and just picturing it being played the way you said it gave me shivers.

I bow to you Quinn.

Chief Of Staff 2010
    Admin 2009
    Member Of The Year - 2010
    Admin Of The Year - 2010
    Super-Mod 2006-2009
    Artist Of The Year 2007, 2008, 2009
    Super-Mod Of The Year 2008
    Signature Of The Year 2009, 2010
    Graphics Mod 2004

haha yeah man, it went above and beyond anything i thought it would be. The last time i saw them, they co-headlined a show with Angels and Airwaves, so they didnt get to play a full set, but wow, it was truly a sight to see and hear. I definitely reaffirmed my love for this band, which i have had since the first time i heard "Fly from the Inside" back when i was still in High School.

l8ter
    Accomplishments

went to Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addiction Sunday night. I don't think i really need to say how amazing that concert was... but it was fuckin amazing. i don't really like going to huge arena shows that much anymore, but i knew i had to make an exception for this.

a lot different than the last time i saw NIN, as they are now a 4-piece and don't have all the fancy projections and lights (plus it's their lost tour in a really long time, supposedly). They played a whole lot of songs they rarely played before this tour... couldn't have asked for a better setlist. Somewhat Damaged was an insane opener, always wanted to hear that song live. highlight of their set was The Becoming. towards the end of the song Robin's acoustic guitar was starting to piss him off so as soon as the song ended he just smashed it to oblivion in a rage, which was quite a site to see, and it just fit in so perfectly with the song. I also got chills when during The Downward Spiral, a blood-red moon started rising above the stage. it was creepy as fuck, and added so much to the performance

Jane's blew me away as well. Perry Farrel is a crazy frontman, jumping around and dancing nearly non-stop... insane how much energy that guy has. Navarro is a beast on the guitar, and Avery is a beast on the bass, and
    Perkins is a beast on the drums. Summertime Rolls was one of the best songs i've ever experienced live

Street Sweeper Social Club, Tom Morello's new band, opened up. they were alright.... but pretty much just sounded like a second-rate RATM. Morello had some cool solos, though.

Last edited by Poop Ship Destroyer; June 9, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Keepin' it brown

YouTube Player

Damn man, NIN is one band that i have always wanted to see, but have never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. My friend went and saw them last summer, and words couldnt describe how jealous i was. I was never a Janes Addiction fan, but would've loved to have seen them for nastolgia purposes. Guess i'll more than likely have to stick with my 2 NIN DVDs since like you said, this is going to be their last tour for a long while.

l8ter
    Accomplishments

Was at the Roskilde festival again this year, and saw these bands...

On thursday ... only a Danish band called Volbeat. I used to be a fan, but after seeing them suck horribly live, no more.

Friday... jeez... started at 1200 in the morning with Gojira, then Satyricon. Then I was forced to see The Mars Volta be horrible. After that it was totally insane, with Faith No More, Nick Cave, Oasis, Nine Inch Nails and finally Röyksopp. I could bareley stand when it was all said and done.

Saturday I was supposed to see Cancer Bats, but then Gogol fucking Bordello stepped in for Lil Wayne, and well... awsome concert.

And finally on Sunday I saw Madness and Coldplay, and then a reggea dub party to finish things off.

Insane amount of awsomeness this year.
    Fangin' and bangin'

" ... go for a week, don't want no sleep ..."

The seventh number says...
    people need to grow up and stop being homophobic
    DO NOT do that again - Staff

i really hope Faith No More comes to the states sometime soon... i watched their Download performance online and it was like they never lost a step.

and i'm still kicking myself for missing out on Nick Cave last time he was here...

btw Quinneh, NIN announced their new final dates, if you haven't heard...

08-22 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
    08-23 New York, NY - Webster Hall
    08-25 New York, NY - Terminal 5
    08-26 New York, NY - Terminal 5
    08-28 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
    08-29 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
    09-02 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium
    09-03 Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theater
    09-05 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
    09-06 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex

you should definitely try to make it out to one of those shows if you're anywhere near the area... insane that they're playing these small club shows, gonna be crazy getting tix to these. gonna do my best to make it to one or 2 of the NY shows... hopefully Bowery and the last T5 show...

anyways... some other awesome concerts i've been to since my last post...

Meat Puppets

Dinosaur Jr.

Explosions in the Sky

Keepin' it brown

YouTube Player

Yeah i saw those posted on Rollingstone the other day, well i guess my only option would be Chicago, hopefully i can come up with the cash, and come up with someone to go with. Anywho i'm pretty excited, i'm catching the Sick Puppies for the 3rd time on Tuesday, say what you will about their music, but they put on a helluva exciting live show. But what i'm pumped for the most is that Hurt will be co-headlining the show, i absolutely love them, and cant wait to see J. Loren bust out his violin, should be great times.

l8ter
    Accomplishments

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information