GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamingring Radio Talent Booker Matthew Wilkison's Avatar

GamingRing Radio Interview Recap : Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle III: 7/18/2005

The following is the transcript for our interview with Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle III on July 18th, 2005.

Listen to our broadcast here

Charles: Welcome to the show Percy!
    Bearer: It feels so good to be on GAMINGRING tonight!

Stan: Start with the interview Charles.

Charles: Yes Percy, where did the name PP3 come from.

PP3: Percy Pringle III was given to me by the great Mufasto, and he was booking a territory in Mississippi in the 70ís and thatís where I got my first real start and asked me if I wanted to be a manager after seeing me wrestle and that was in 1978 and here we are in 2005 and PP3 is still here.

Stan: Did you think you would be in wrestling this long?

PP3: Absolutely not, and just to be able to get my foot in the door is a moment I will never forget.

Mike: Now Percy, you were one of the most hated managers in WCCW, what did you do to get the fans to hate you so much?

PP3: Oh, I probably did everything to get them under my skin till I signed my first contract with the WWF in late December 1990, and I was managing Matt Bourne at the time, this is going to happen all night, I like to ramble.

Charles: The floor is yours.

PP3: I and Matt were together a lot of years but I havenít seen him in a couple years, I have to give him a call, I miss talking to him, and its good to be in the business for 30 plus years, and its good to be talking to you guys.

Mike: Now you signed your contract with the WWE in 1990, but wasnít with the Taker till 91, why?

PP3: Well that hadnít Ďdiscoveredí me yet, and the way I got started with WWE is very interesting, wrestling was virtually dead in Dallas, and had no where to go, and gave Rick Rude a call at the time, telling him I was going back to the funeral service, called me back a few hours later and gave me Vince McMahonís number, and my jaw just dropped and the very next day Pat Patterson and asked me if I can come up today and I just signed a 5 year LEGENDís contract with the WWE and I think I will have ties with them for the rest of my life and Iím not kissing ass for the WWE and by the end of this interview you will know Iím just me.

Stan: And I have to say this, one thing that aggravates me, when certain people feel their bridge is Ďburnedí with the WWE, such as Jeff Jarrett, because they made a business decision, but they donít see it like that and canít accept it for what it is that itís just business.

PP3: If youíre a true professional and ďsmartĒ you know how to handle yourself, you look past that stuff and you never say never because it could happen down the road.

Mike: Now you mentioned Vince McMahon, what is he like in person.

PP3: Now if you picked 5 different guys, your going to get 5 different answers, cause everyone sees him in a different light, but he never does me wrong, even when he buried me in concrete, fans went nuts, and he did it for me. I weighted 520 pounds my friends, and I would probably be dead if I didnít have that surgery, I would be dead, and I lost over 240 pounds my friends and for the first time in years I weigh under 300 pounds, but what I think about Vince, he has his hits and misses, and he has always treated me right, and if the internet says Iím kissing his ass, so be it, but if I need him right now, he would be there for me, and if he need something for me, I would be there for him.

Stan: Well congratulations for losing that weight.

PP3: I was truly blessed with the surgery, I can play with my granddaughter, I can walk now, and I feel like a new man and whatís nice, I can see my dick again!

Charles: I KNEW that was coming!

PP3: But lets get off of that and back to wrasslin!

Mike: Every person you managed in WWE was Ďrelatedí to you in someway, right.

PP3: Mankind always called me ĎUncle Paulí and I always called him mommy.

Charles: Donít mind Mike, he canít count.

PP3: I was always with Undertaker or against him in the WWE, and managed Kane, Mankind, Vader, and the Executioner.

Charles: Did you think the Undertaker gimmick would last this long?

PP3: No, but I know why they changed him into the ĎAmerican Badassí gimmick, to keep his gimmick around, and a lot of people didnít like it, including me and I always liked the old school Undertaker and when they did that that sort of kicked my Ďfatí ass to the curb and backstage.

Stan: I feel it sort of went down with the corporate ministry.

Charles: I felt about that sort of like when the nWo was going down hill.

PP3: There was a lot of fractions, and at that time we had Vince Russo writing for usÖ

Charles: You mean the genius of wrestling?

PP3: Hahahaah, no guy is the genius of wrestling.

Charles: Can we say the guy who singly took down WCW?

PP3: No one guy is responsible for the death of WCW.

Mike: How did you feel about the cross with the Undertaker.

PP3: I didnít enjoy that to much, as I am a big catholic but no one designed the logo to look like a cross, it was the Takerís logo.

Charles: People need to visit your website www.percypringle.com and check that out.

PP3: I have a wonderful webmaster, Kurt Nielsen and has taught me a little bout HTML.

Stan: Iíll check that out now.

Charles: Back to WCCW, who did you manage there?

PP3: Oh lord, on my website I have all the people I managed there, but I managed Rick Rude, Killer Kim Brooks, The Dingo Warrior the future Ultimate Warrior, Texas Red which turned out to be Undertaker, managed him in his first match, and if you ask Taker about that this day, he will say the only reason they sent me out there was to show him his way to the back, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Blackjack Mulligan, Chris Adams, I have been with a lot of guys man.

Stan: There is someone claming to be Black Bart online.

PP3: He is a liar. Black Bart lives right outside of Texas.

Stan: Speaking of behind the scenes stuffÖ..

PP3: WHO TOLD YOU THAT! THATíS NOT TRUEÖ laughs.

Stan: You were a talent scout, how did you learn that.

PP3: Experience, I learned a lot over the years and there is a lot of the top WWE talent thatís on RAW now, I scouted Shelton Benjamin, Rosey, John Cena, Rob Conway, Tyson Tomko, and a lot of people on the WWE roster now that I scouted, and I was talent scouter in 2001, and I really had a blast one of them the WWE champion.

Charles: Out of all those who you scouted, who do you think has the brightest future?

PP3: Oh I donít know, its whoever the company decides to give the ball to..

Stan: Who do you think could run with the ball.

PP3: With out a doubt, John Cena, and he is running with the ball now and he could be a great talent, did you all watch RAW tonight?

[All]: Yes.

PP3: But he is a fantastic talent, a great guy all around.

Mike: Do you think WWE is pushing talent too fast?

PP3: Thatís just the way it is these days, thatís how it is now in 2005, you canít take a talent and take 5 years to groom him, hoping to find another Steve Austin, The Rock, and we still have Hulk Hogan as you saw tonight, and he still gets a big pop, and I will never forget when Undertaker took on Hogan and Hogan was making his entrance and there is no words to describe how that feels.

Mike: I was there the night Undertaker defeated Hogan for the title and I cheered for Taker not Hogan.

PP3: And many fans asked why Taker went babyface, as we wanted to be heels, but thatís what the company wanted at the time, but I love playing the heel role.

Mike: And Taker didnít do anything to change his character.

PP3: Right, we didnít change anything, we just went with the flow.

Charles: Out of all the feuds Taker has had, I enjoyed his feud with Jake ĎThe Snakeí Roberts.

PP3: Oh without a doubt, it was a good feud and at Wrestlemania 8 and the finish of the match was for Taker to tombstone Jake in the middle of the ring and this was our 2nd Wrestlemania, and were anxious and everything, and Jake got to us before the match, and said Vince wanted Taker to tombstone Jake on the floor, and we get to the back and Vince was livid, and Taker being such a fantastic guy that he is, maybe Vince is listening, but Taker didnít rat Jake out, but it was Jakeís faultÖ. Laughs, but I love that snake to death.

Stan: It was a fantastic match, I would give it 10 out of 10.
    PP3: We also had some great matches with Warrior, and I never had problems with Warrior then and donít too this day.

Charles: Paul, I donít know of Mike has mentioned this to you, but Undertaker is my favorite wrestler.

PP3: Mine tooÖ. Laughs.

Charles: Of Course, if you could put it out there what is your favorite feud with the Undertaker.

PP3: I almost forgot Kamala, and we had a great time working with him, but the best one of all, but gosh they were all so good, itís like asking me which one of my kids is my favorite kid, each of the matches were our Ďkidsí we took a lot of time putting those together.

Stan: I heard Kamala was afraid of Taker.

PP3: He was afraid of the casket the mostÖ. Vince is the ultimate ribber himself, and when we rolled him to the back, Vince nailed him shut, but eventually we had to get a crowbar and let him out.

Charles: Paul if you can, can you tell us how the whole Casket match got started.

PP3: We came along with our characters, it was all part of the darkside, funeral home business, and if you donít know, I am an actual embalmer, and am licensed in the funeral business and you are all friends and we have lost a lot of friends in the business.

Charles: If you were on the show with us on a weekly basis, you wouldnít think that about us.

PP3: Laughs.

Mike: How many miles do you think you have traveled in your career?

PP3: Well I have 2 million air miles with Delta alone.

Charles: Iím afraid of heights.

PP3: Well climb up on you roof, and get over that shit, and make a backyard wrasslin video. [laughs]

Stan: I got a question for you about a feud, with a wrestler named the Ex-Con Nails, and I have heard a lot of things about him, such as Warrior leaving WWE because he didnít want to job to him, and I heard that him and Vince got in a fight.

PP3: Yes, they did. I believe we were in Green Bay and had beef with Vince about a payoff and grabbed Vince by his throat and started choking him and it was bye bye Nails.

PP3: I was also looking at your site, and see you have over 20,000 members, your not no small site.

Stan: And just recently we got TNA wrestlers on our show.

PP3: And I can tell you are all fans like me.

Stan: Thank You, and the era I watched you the most was in the WWE.

PP3: And itís guys like you Iím afraid of, you guys remember everything, and how in the world could I forget about Kamala, you mention it and it just all comes back. [laughs]

Charles: The best when Undertaker was in the casket and you were cutting your promo and he opens up the casket and I just lost it.

PP3: And I lost it a lot of times too, you just canít see it on camera and we had a great time and I would do it all over again.

Charles: I have never seen him break character, has he.

PP3: He has, you just wouldnít know it.

Mike: You are talking to people who were in attendance when you made your return at WRESTLEMANIA 20.

PP3: Really?

Mike: Yes Stan was in the front row, and I was in the skybox.

Stan: And those front row seats were over $8,000.

PP3: Wow! That must have been my pay off! Thank you! My family thanks you!

[everyone laughs]

PP3: And I had just had my surgery and I wasnít really ready to come back and I was having a lot of trouble going up the stairs, getting in the ring, I was very very weak and I had my surgery November 25, 2003 and I was losing a pound a day even up to my return at Wrestlemania 20 and I didnít have enough protein into me to give me strength.

Charles: It sounds like that drags you down.

PP3: And that is one of the reasons why Paul Bearer was buried in concrete in Norfolk at the Great American Bash and I also had got a gallbladder problem and thatís when the Dudleyís kidnapped me and thatís why we did what we did at the Bash last year.

Mike: Did you ever tell why Taker pulled the lever on you.

PP3: Well I was the only thing left of his mortality, and gosh Iím getting excited, and thatís why I was Ďburiedí in concrete.

Stan: I donít know if you have heard of the Boogeyman character, do you hope it succeeds.

PP3: Well I hope it does, in this day and age its hard for Ďold schoolí gimmicks to succeed and Iím a big fan of wrestling and I canít say I watch it every week but I try to watch it every week but I had watched the entire show tonight, because I knew I would be talking to him and your booker Matthew Wilkison, what a nice guy, we had to exchange 100 emails, he was so nice and he told me you guys followed RAW and you havenít said a DAMN thing about RAW! [laughs]

Mike: We will do the RAW recap, and you can give you your thoughts.

Stan: Your thoughts on the Carlito/Benjamin match.

PP3: I loved seeing Carlito getting DQíed on a nut shot.

Stan: Then we had the Kurt Angle Invitational, where he basically takes on the jobber, and I think he had his real gold medal or a damn good replica, and we had Matt Striker come to the ring, and if you donít know who that is he was a teacher who got fired for taking sick days off to wrestle it was a quick match and it looks like they might be bringing him in.

PP3: I think they will be bringing him in too, because Angle sold like hell for him and they kept saying it was a choke hold but he did a good job of putting Striker over.

Stan: The diva search was up nextÖ

PP3: That was horrible. I had to get up and take a piss and I donít like that diva bullshit and I donít like it.

Charles: Now you sure you were pissing?

PP3: Yes I was, but I donít think it has any place on a wrestling show and thatís my personal opinion.

Stan: They did make it a little more entertaining but it was absolutely boring this week and they were chanting boring and they really donít do that much anymore but they will do it in Philly.

PP3: They will do there.

Stan: And then we had the promos with HBK and Hogan.

PP3: I love Shawn as a heel.

Stan: I love him the best as a heel.

Charles: If you can compare HBK and Triple H, they both shine as heels and I believe when Triple H started doing all these things were sledgehammers he really hit it off.

Stan: Then we had the Masterlock Challenge against Rosey, and itís pretty much a boring segment for me, and it was nice seeing Big Show come out.

PP3: He gives Chris Masters so much credit, with Rosey being the tag champion, and Chris has a good body and it takes a lot of hard work to get that but with a segment like that I can take it or leave it but from my standpoint, Itís sad not to see managers around much anymore, and if Masters had one it would be great.

Mike: And thatís what I love about Hassan/Davari, Davari plays a great manager.

PP3: When in doubt, you go back to that old school format, and it still works today.

Stan: Then we had the Kane/Edge segment, and hinted at Matt Hardy showing up.

PP3: And it was one of the best gimmicks done in a long time, They did it very great.

Stan: And if WWE can capitalize on this, it will be very big.

Charles: I do love it.

PP3: I watched the first one and I had a open mind and I loved it.

Stan: And then we had the classic Hogan interview.

PP3: It was a great classic interview but thatís what makes Hogan what he is today and I give him kudos for still be around.

Stan: And the thing about Hogan he keeps it simple and understandable.

PP3: Thatís the old school formula.

Stan: And I donít think Michaels could turn heel against anyone but Hogan at this point in his career, do you think the Hogan/Michaels match will go down in the recordbooks.

PP3: It should be very good, and Iím going to watch it.

Mike: Hogan is a hall of famer, Michaels a future one, and Paul, I think you will be there in there next year.

PP3: I really do hope I make it one day, but I donít think I wonít be put in till Taker goes in, I donít think it will be next year and there such a bond between the two characters, I hope of being in the hall of fame one day, I always dreamed of having a action figure, being in a video game and working at MSG, and I have achieved all of those and hope to be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Mike: And then we had the Cage match with Hardy coming out.

PP3: And they did get rough with him.

Stan: And they didnít make the mistake they did last week with taking him up the ramp, they took him through the crowd, and we had Edge win the match, and I think he will be Champ by the end of the year, and next week we have the battle of the bands, and Kane vs. Edge in a stretcher match, then we had the lumberjack match, and Cena won and Bischoff unhappy and the good guys won again.

PP3: And it was a decent show, it kept my attention and I donít watch it that often, expect for the diva segment, but it was a great show tonight and they are trying to push things on TV and this diva search segment is for 14-15 yr old boys with Playboy magazines under the bed.

Stan: And we got to go through RAW with Percy Pringle III.

PP3: This was a great interview, maybe we could do it again one day.

Stan: We would love to have you back.

PP3: Drop me an email sometime, my email is on my website and I read them all myself, drop me a line every once in a while, god bless you.

Stan: You too, thanks for taking the time out to interview with us!

**The following interview is © 2005 GamingRing Radio, a subsidary of GamingRing.com. This interview recap may not be used without the consent of Matthew Wilkison and GamingRing.com**
    Last edited by Matthew Wilkison; July 25, 2005 at 12:47 AM.
    Respect List:
    Mike Regan, Stan Morris, Charles Shane, Undercova Brotha, RAWFShowtime, BradVanDam, Jackov, Ecko

Contact me at grrbooking@yahoo.com

Re: GamingRing Radio Interview Recap: Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle III: 7/18/2005

sounded like a very nice interview u should have him back again

Right now a tentative date is September 5th but that could change as he is accepting indy bookings.

It will be announced on the main page and on the featured guests page when he will be returning.
    Respect List:
    Mike Regan, Stan Morris, Charles Shane, Undercova Brotha, RAWFShowtime, BradVanDam, Jackov, Ecko

oh yeah...

My Mood
    Angry

Sounds good...Percy is a class act.

CREDIT: CBM for that delicious tWo avatar, and delicious Mr.Anderson Sig.

Spoiler:
    WWG Season

Singles Superstar: Jared Leighty
    Record: 8-5-0

Next Match: ???

2010 Fallout Champion

Yes he is, he is tentatively coming back September 12th, the audio archive will be up soon.
    Respect List:

rly good interview, seems like a really nice guy
    hope to see him back again
    Check out official Viewer Discretion is Advised page, it is home of hit web series The Guy Code.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viewer...5251882?ref=ts

Accomplishments
    One of the originators of ECW fed .Former GM of ECW and WWE. Former 1st ever WWE Champ with Shawn Michaels from June until September. Winner of best Feud award in ECW with The Undertaker. Winner of the Best Heel award in WWE. Former Undisputed champion with Kane 12/16/06 - 04/29/07. 3x time WWE World Champion. Main evented Wrestlemania 2X back to back. 2/2 in Elimination Chamber. Former 3x Mod for Wrestling season. Nominated for RPer of the Year. Nominated for Mod of the Year

My Mood
    Goofy

That was one hell of an interview! (heh, get it? ) Thank you, Matthew, for booking this true legend of wrestling. And I hope for another Paul Bearer interview in September. (b'-')b

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Yeah thawt was a pretty kickass interview, answered some questions of mine such as why he was in a concrete crypt, what happens with nailz and some more light on the von erichs

good show

Quote Originally Posted by Jackov
    That was one hell of an interview! (heh, get it? ) Thank you, Matthew, for booking this true legend of wrestling. And I hope for another Paul Bearer interview in September. (b'-')b
    Your welcome Jackov, he truly is a legend of wrestling. As of right now, Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle III will be back on GamingRing Radio, Monday, September 12th but however he told me that is a tentative date as a indy booking can change it.

Also make sure to check out Percy's blog at http://percysposts.blogspot.com
    Respect List:

Casual Gamer The Incredible Game's Avatar

Cool Interview guys. I really enjoyed it. I hope to see him back in the WWE or TNA one day. And i am glad he is coming back to gamingring as well.

Mad Props To Nexus For the Awesome Banner!

And I am Not a Loyal Member to the Chain Gang because John Cena SUCKS!! Gangsta Wanna be!

I am An Official JOHN CENA HATER!

JBL is way better than Cena will ever be! Oh yeah by the way Christian Rocks!

Thanks so much for the kind words, my friends. I'm certain you could tell that I had a great time. GamingRing was extremely respectful, professional, and so well prepared that it made me nervous. I look forward to doing it again, possibly in September. Until then, take care!
    ~Percy

My Mood
    Busy

Thank you for showing up Percy! We are definitely grateful!

Hearing about great, legendary performer's careers are what good interviews are all about, and you and the Gamingring Radio boys definitely put on one hell of a show. The show keeps getting better each and every week, fellas. Keep up the good work.

Just so everyone knows, the question about the talent you scouted, and the criteria that you used to choose a prospective wrestlers was one I shot to Stan during the interview. I'm glad to see he used it.
    Last edited by King Kong; July 20, 2005 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Percival Pringle III
    Thanks so much for the kind words, my friends. I'm certain you could tell that I had a great time. GamingRing was extremely respectful, professional, and so well prepared that it made me nervous. I look forward to doing it again, possibly in September. Until then, take care!
    ~Percy
    OHHHH YES!!!!! I'm glad you got your account working Percy, it's truly great to see a WWE LEGEND part of the GamingRing community.

We do have WWE forums so you can visit those. It's great to see you here, and you will for sure be back because we would love to have you back and Percy told me before September 12th unless a indy booking changes the date.

And the audio archive of the interview should be up.... I'm thinking hopefully today.
    Respect List:

That was an amazing interview! I hope you guys get another interview with Percival Pringle III and hopefully he will be inducted in the Hall of Fame next! Thanks Stan, Mike, and Shane for the great interview. Specail thanks to Matthew for putting the interview up :goodjob:

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good work guys
    maria

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa-Day Of Reckoning 2
    That was an amazing interview! I hope you guys get another interview with Percival Pringle III and hopefully he will be inducted in the Hall of Fame next! Thanks Stan, Mike, and Shane for the great interview. Specail thanks to Matthew for putting the interview up :goodjob:
    Thanks, that makes me feel real good. Percy should be back Sept. 12th.
    Respect List:

nice interview...hope he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by MC.FX
    nice interview...hope he comes back.
    Yes it was a good interview, glad to see that you listened to it.
    Respect List:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information