GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs

Game Testing Opportunity for WWE 13 ..

If you live in Southern California and want to invade out THQ studio for a volunteer WWE 13 testing opportunity..

then it goes on to say.. Please note this is not a full time job, This is a volunteer opportunity. You will not be paid. but you will receive some other pretty awesome incentives for your help! You also must be available to commute to our THQ office in Agoura Hills with your own mode of transportation.

Are you a hardcore WWE games fan ? Do you play WWE 12 in your sleep? are you still defending your championship belt in the ring, or are you just a damn good superstar?

Do you have a desire test out WWE 13 and provide us critical & quality feedback which will directly impact the design?

If you live in the Los Angeles area and think you have what it takes to step in to out development ring, please fill out this application below. Space is limited, we'll contact you shortly if we feel you are the right WWE games superstar for these sessions.

Credit:
    http://wwegaming.com/game-testing-op...ity-for-wwe13/

You can go to the website above and it has the link to apply for this on there website, I would have copied & pasted everything but wwegaming.com website wouldn't not allow me to.

Update: You can just go here and apply .. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PJ923WN
    Last edited by WWE RKO; April 15, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Is anyone open to an opportunity getting paid to help promote a new social media ????
    If so then go to this site https://www.l9app.com/fireup For more info and watch the video.

Re: Game Testing Opportunity for WWE 13 ..

Sweet! Now we can beta test this thing before they have a IGN preview.

My Mood
    Crappy
    This can be seen in two ways.
    1. They really want the fans/players/consumers to be involved in testing and improving the game.
    2. The other way to look at this and that is they can't afford to pay people to test me is a red flag that they can't afford people to test the game
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Let the "Reality Era" reign supreme with C.M. Punk at the helm erasing the years of CRAPTITUDE from my mind.
    "I'm going to pull an Ultimate Warrior" -Cody Rhodes

I understand they being THQ may not have the funds for paying some one etc, but it sounds like they have some rewards or something else to help in replacing that.

However it's to bad there not able to give more people around the world a beta copy of the game, that way they could get more feedback instead of just one or two people or how ever many people sign up for this.

I mean at least let people download a beta copy & let them feedback etc, that to me would make more sense, then no body has to leave there homes etc, they can just download a copy or THQ could just mail whoever signs up for this a copy of the beta and for helping out they could give out some prizes or something etc.
    Is anyone open to an opportunity getting paid to help promote a new social media ????
    If so then go to this site https://www.l9app.com/fireup For more info and watch the video.

My Mood
    Angry

I view this as a marketing ploy to show the fans they 'care'. Same thing Sony and Zipper did with Socom 4, but most of the fan wanted changes fell on deaf ears. That's cool if they follow through and actually want to hear what the fans wants and bring some of those features/gameplay tweaks to life.
    Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
    1) Bret Hart 2) Ultimo Dragon 3) Brock Lesnar 4) Kurt Angle 5) Chris Jericho

I will never call the WWE belt a championship again. Since it likes to be passed around like a slut, it'll be from this day forth known as the WWE "Championshit".

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I view this as a marketing ploy to show the fans they 'care'. Same thing Sony and Zipper did with Socom 4, but most of the fan wanted changes fell on deaf ears. That's cool if they follow through and actually want to hear what the fans wants and bring some of those features/gameplay tweaks to life.
    I agree with you it would be cool if THQ followed through and actually did do what who ever stepped up to do this etc.

However I doubt THQ would be willing to change to much or many key features in less it wasn't to late to be able to do so, most changes won't take place anyways until WWE 14 or 15 etc.

Whatever the case is I am not holding my breathe on THQ & what they can do, I mean if they can't improve some things from WWE 12, then I won't be buying WWE 13. I mean sure it would be a nice different game but inless some things are fixed that I would like to see fix then I may just rent it at best.

I guess only time will tell to be able to see what has been fixed or not been fix.

Also it would help if THQ where to release a demo, but that's doubtful because they normally never release a demo of any of there WWE games, which is sad in one way.

My Mood
    Crappy

Quote Originally Posted by WWE RKO View Post
    I understand they being THQ may not have the funds for paying some one etc, but it sounds like they have some rewards or something else to help in replacing that.

However it's to bad there not able to give more people around the world a beta copy of the game, that way they could get more feedback instead of just one or two people or how ever many people sign up for this.

I mean at least let people download a beta copy & let them feedback etc, that to me would make more sense, then no body has to leave there homes etc, they can just download a copy or THQ could just mail whoever signs up for this a copy of the beta and for helping out they could give out some prizes or something etc.
    Another way they can save money have more fan "involvement" and also have a greater impact on the improvement of the game is asking for volunteer TRANSLATORS who are WWE/wrestling video game fans who are fluent in Japanese. They can pay for the flight and they would be getting an intimate view of the process and get a free tour of the YUKE's Team and building as a "perk" because so much is getting lost in translation (no pun intended). So much that was supposed to go into the game on THQ's side didn't TRANSLATE onto YUKE's end. That is something that would pay dividends for so little money and make a few fans' mark out in the process.
    Let the "Reality Era" reign supreme with C.M. Punk at the helm erasing the years of CRAPTITUDE from my mind.

Bad Apple
    (Banned)

My Mood
    Goofy

Its not a money saver, they use an independant company who does the testing. The deal with this is that it worked so well with UFC's fan tester, that they decieded to do the same with wwe this year. They bring them in ultiple times during the developemental process, and have them spend hours playing the "So far" game, each time, and then spend a few hours each time, getting intel on what to change, where the problems are, and they go back and make tweaks.

One of the fan testers for the ufc game said that there was such a big difference between the first time he went and tested it, to the final version.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xarmark77 View Post
    Another way they can save money have more fan "involvement" and also have a greater impact on the improvement of the game is asking for volunteer TRANSLATORS who are WWE/wrestling video game fans who are fluent in Japanese. They can pay for the flight and they would be getting an intimate view of the process and get a free tour of the YUKE's Team and building as a "perk" because so much is getting lost in translation (no pun intended). So much that was supposed to go into the game on THQ's side didn't TRANSLATE onto YUKE's end. That is something that would pay dividends for so little money and make a few fans' mark out in the process.
    Translators isnt the loss in translation, that they are talking about. For the most part, its the fact that the game "On Paper" when it leaves thq, isnt what the final version of the game turns out to be. You hear it all the time, 2K developers used it when talking about their new mlb game, with fans complaining that it looks like they did very little. It would be fun if a developer would release the final version of the paper portion of the developement, it would be nice to see just how much is eliminated during the physical developement.

My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by mccanehd View Post
    Its not a money saver, they use an independant company who does the testing. The deal with this is that it worked so well with UFC's fan tester, that they decieded to do the same with wwe this year. They bring them in ultiple times during the developemental process, and have them spend hours playing the "So far" game, each time, and then spend a few hours each time, getting intel on what to change, where the problems are, and they go back and make tweaks.

One of the fan testers for the ufc game said that there was such a big difference between the first time he went and tested it, to the final version.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Translators isnt the loss in translation, that they are talking about. For the most part, its the fact that the game "On Paper" when it leaves thq, isnt what the final version of the game turns out to be. You hear it all the time, 2K developers used it when talking about their new mlb game, with fans complaining that it looks like they did very little. It would be fun if a developer would release the final version of the paper portion of the developement, it would be nice to see just how much is eliminated during the physical developement.
    I am not 100% sure it's what's on paper because if that's the case, it would mean THQ has no role after YUKES gets its hands on it. I don't believe that at all. They have to be involved in some capacity otherwise it's not their game.

So, if they are involved they are having some communication problems because they don't even realize some of the major glitches before the game comes out. YUKES could explain that they are having issues with the universe mode for example. They must have testers in japan and they have to see the reversal idicators are not timed properly. So, THQ translators needs to be there to explain that the timing is off. So, I don't believe it's just how a game is written on paper, but a gap in communication as well.

Bad Apple
    (Banned)

My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Xarmark77 View Post
    I am not 100% sure it's what's on paper because if that's the case, it would mean THQ has no role after YUKES gets its hands on it. I don't believe that at all. They have to be involved in some capacity otherwise it's not their game.

So, if they are involved they are having some communication problems because they don't even realize some of the major glitches before the game comes out. YUKES could explain that they are having issues with the universe mode for example. They must have testers in japan and they have to see the reversal idicators are not timed properly. So, THQ translators needs to be there to explain that the timing is off. So, I don't believe it's just how a game is written on paper, but a gap in communication as well.
    What I meant by on paper, is during physical developement things are taken out, due to time/glitches/ect, so the final version of the game isnt 100% of what was planned. I didnt realize you were talking about the being known about the glitches late in developement. There is no doubt that there is a miscommuniacation in the final weeks, due to how far away they are. I remember the whole 32/64 issue from a few years ago, Bryan told gamingring and others than both consoles would be 64, but it later was found out that Yukes had to remove the ability from the ps3 version. Those types of things are going to happen, because THQ is aware of the plan going forward, they dont have control if something happens later on, to change the plan (But they should be)

My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by mccanehd View Post
    What I meant by on paper, is during physical developement things are taken out, due to time/glitches/ect, so the final version of the game isnt 100% of what was planned. I didnt realize you were talking about the being known about the glitches late in developement. There is no doubt that there is a miscommuniacation in the final weeks, due to how far away they are. I remember the whole 32/64 issue from a few years ago, Bryan told gamingring and others than both consoles would be 64, but it later was found out that Yukes had to remove the ability from the ps3 version. Those types of things are going to happen, because THQ is aware of the plan going forward, they dont have control if something happens later on, to change the plan (But they should be)
    They SHOULD be and they are NOT and they rely on not only the language barrier, but a whole other COMPANY. In the end YUKES is really the company who has the final say because they are doing the final programing and coding. They take things out or change things, so certain things work with unforseen consequences. THQ should be on top of that and be working hand and glove with YUKES until the game goes into production. So, they can be held accountable because they are aware of the issues that YUKES is facing.

It's really difficult to hype a game up when your company isn't able to say anything with certainty. I think having that 2nd company without direct communication adds to the misstatements and last minute changes to their messaging. It's another factor that is not always taken into consideration, but it does not help THQ's cause and reputation.

Thread Information