GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering..

I dont know if it's just me whos having the itch to roleplay but I was curious. Do any of you guys wanna dish it out one more time? I was thinking we could do one supershow. See what the turn out is. If it's a good turn out maybe we can go back to weekly shows. If it goes an opposite direction then we can count it as a ONS sort of thing. What do you guys think? Anyone else wanna wipe the dust off their keyboards and start rping atleast one last time?

Updated: April. 23,2009
    Please click the banner to view my micros
    Ad permitted by Chappelle
    ~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~---~+~
    Season Stats:
    Spoiler:

WWE Season(Singles)
    The Rock
    Record(W/L/D):7/5/1
    Titles:
    -Co-Sole Survivor on Survivor Series 2007
    -
    WWE Champion
    (February,25.2008-April,2.2008)
    -Co-GM of RAW

Current Events: Beat Vince McMahon and SCSA on ONS with Shane McMahon

Season Accomplishments:
    ECW Most Improved Rper(Using Gangrel), 1x WWE Tag Team Champion(Using Mark Henry with LegendKiller using Randy Orton) 2x WWE Hardcore Champion (2/25/07-2/25/07,3/10/07-4/15/07 using Mark Henry), Former TNA Co-GM,1x WWE Champion (February,25.2008-April,2.2008 using The Rock),Current WWE Co-GM

~Credit to Kayta for the micro,thanks alot~

Tried the Demo

looks li

looks good !

My Mood
    Sleepy

Re: looks li

I am trying to get an e-fed started at Sherdog.net. You can find me here..

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/members/kemosabe/

Just PM me once you're there.

My Mood
    Bashful

Re: I was wondering..

The issue I find is that I get the "itch" but I just do not have time anymore to write a long roleplay (3/4 times in the space of two weeks). When I got into Roleplaying I was in School then later College and had quite alot of downtime, These days I work Monday-Friday 9-5, Im just too exausted to be creative later on in the evening, at the weekend when i'm going out the last thing I want to do is sit down at my Mac for an hour and type out a promo for my character (which has pretty much done everything I could ever want in the efed realm)

I even tried a new character but Im just not as invested anymore.

Its a shame because I started out back in WGF in about 2001-2003(ish) when the efed community was thriving went through all the feds from wUw, WWG and IWA and now its sort of become a graveyard.

Another factor for me is just the expected length of the promo's themselves, I know there is no real minimum word count but if you up against someone who is breaking out 2000+ words for a promo you feel you need to elevate yourself to that level and that is where the issue lies.

Efedding has had its day and unfortunately I don't think its getting a revival anytime soon, at least not on Gamingring.
    Last edited by SamHXCUK; March 27, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Striker/Tristin Stryker/SamHXCUK : An Offical Gamingring.com and WWFWrestlinggames.com Member Since 2001

All my ex's live with hexes. This is why I hang myself with jealousy upon a fencepost half mast.

Australian Made
    My Mood
    Drunk

We all grow up at some stage. Not bashing, just calling it as I see it.

"He’s an Aussie, he drinks beer and he’s a pimp! Every time he posts a pic on here, he’s with some fine piece of ass. Always chill, even when people try to provoke him on the site, he keeps it cool while making them look silly while he does it. He knows how to party, knows where the hot bitches are."
    -Kingy

Quote Originally Posted by The Ecko View Post
    We all grow up at some stage. Not bashing, just calling it as I see it.
    Pretty much. I think I started when I was just starting high school (I'm 25 now...). Everyone from back then has gotten older and moved on. The problem is that the site doesn't get new people anymore so there's really no rotation of new people coming in to take over. It feels kind of silly looking back on it, but I'm glad I kept up with it because I still write from time to time (not anything related to this), but I don't think I'd be any good if it weren't for this place kicking my ass into using/learning proper grammar and making me be creative.
    RIP Super Ted

Eh, I don't think it's silly. One of my biggest IC rivals in RPing still does it and takes it very seriously. Let's see, I was like 18 back in 04 when I first ran into him, and he had like 6 years on me age-wise. Last time I talked to him was like 3 or so months ago. He had killed off his primary male and female characters and added a new one... I mean literally killed them off. The female was murdered and the male, who was almost like a brother to my main, committed suicide... overdosed I think. Some people are really into their characters and this game.

Age doesn't play a factor if you LOVE to do it. It's only the world that you live in that changes you. Every now and then I'll take a peep at some old RPs and get that urge to jump back into it, but I don't use get on the comp nearly as much as I use to and whenever I come up with an idea I don't even feel like writing/typing it down. Just don't feel like it. It's not me getting older. I want to start writing again, rather its this, short stories, finishing some of my scripts, maybe one day collect enough thoughts to publish a book or 2. It's just not in me to do right now. I really do miss it though.

Yeah maybe "silly" wasn't the best word for it, but I mean like the concept of RPing as a wrestler in general kind of seems that way. For me anyway. I actually stopped watching wrestling many years before my RPing days were over. I also got into a lot more of the deeper crazy stories that you mentioned. I think that's why a lot of us stayed. It went beyond the original concept. I'm exactly where you are right now though. Thinking a lot about writing a book lately (non-fiction; something totally different than this). I know RanSting hasn't been on here in a long ass time, but he's another like that. I talked to him maybe a few months ago and he was working on a novel based on his character here. So it's cool to see how we've all evolved from this stuff.
    RIP Super Ted

It might not be held in the same regard, but I think what you described is kinda like you have some people that could almost going as far as saying they despise wrestling, haven't watched any products in several years, yet they still love playing wrestling games. It's a twisted concept but it definitely exists. It would be easy to forget that these feds were revolving around wrestling once the storylines and interactions with other fedders began to take light. It's really on its own level compared to pro-wrestling itself. The character(s) you're RPing as is so much more than just a wrestler, it's an extension of yourself, and being able to take that wherever you wanted was/is a great thing.

Exactly. That was me basically. I stopped watching wrestling in 2004 or 05. I RPed up until 2010 and I check out the yearly wrestling games sometimes (if I hear they're good). Not so much a twisted concept because both RPing and the games let you take control of the product and do what you want with it where as watching wrestling can become frustrating with how bad it can be when you're just stuck sitting there watching it pass up so many awesome potential things.
    RIP Super Ted

Don't listen to Moose, he sucked anyway.

What?! No! .... uh, you sucked! This is usually about the time I'd challenge you to a re-match.
    RIP Super Ted

I've still got it.

The Merc With A Mouth® Kayta¦DeadPool™'s Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool

*Kayta comes in*

*Kayta Lays out Moose and Squirrel...err...Rene with Chair*

*Kayta pisses on bodies than leaves*

Puttin Hits On GamingRing Since 2001

Kayta, on the other hand, has improved a lot.

boooooooooo

My Mood
    Bashful

Quote Originally Posted by WebbanationX View Post
    It might not be held in the same regard, but I think what you described is kinda like you have some people that could almost going as far as saying they despise wrestling, haven't watched any products in several years, yet they still love playing wrestling games. It's a twisted concept but it definitely exists. It would be easy to forget that these feds were revolving around wrestling once the storylines and interactions with other fedders began to take light. It's really on its own level compared to pro-wrestling itself. The character(s) you're RPing as is so much more than just a wrestler, it's an extension of yourself, and being able to take that wherever you wanted was/is a great thing.
    ^^ This ^^

I honestly couldn't have put it better. I met some great friends Roleplaying my character but like any good story, it has to eventually come to an end. I have really done everything I canto explore and come to an understanding of Tristin. From Roleplays entirely in 1st person all the way to in depth dream sequences, I am happy that our collective writing extended outside of the wrestling realm and every character wasn't just a 1 dimensional person, maybe the current wrestling product could learn alot from some of our work.
    Last edited by SamHXCUK; May 14, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Striker/Tristin Stryker/SamHXCUK : An Offical Gamingring.com and WWFWrestlinggames.com Member Since 2001

All my ex's live with hexes. This is why I hang myself with jealousy upon a fencepost half mast.

Tried the Demo

nothing else

responses very good! )

The Merc With A Mouth® Kayta¦DeadPool™'s Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool

I think what killed the roleplaying forum was when everyone started writing Novels instead of just doing the action. There was nothing i hated more than roleplays that did..

"The lights dimmed to 25%.....Blue strobe light gently flickered in the arena that was filled to capacity. The titantron started to show clouds moving northeast at 15 mph with a few drizzles soaking up the screen. A guitar plays at e flat as a snare drum is likely tapped..."

It became tasking to do and read rps rather thanbeing fun.

Puttin Hits On GamingRing Since 2001

To each their own. I've run into a bunch of peeps who feel the way that you do. I had read my RPs from when I first started out and then RPs two years after. That first year were what you'd prefer. That third year was exactly what you despised. It wasn't something I was particularly aiming for but it just kinda happened that way. It was so bad that I'd try to write quick matches and it'd end up being a 5 hour project. I don't mind writing those long detailed ones and for those I knew who were known for being ultra-descriptive, I didn't mind reading them. Now I did a LOT of skimming at times, XD, and I'll admit I was more willing to read them if they were directed towards me or the character had done something the previous show that sparked my attention and I wanted to keep tabs on them, but I read them nonetheless.

It's alot harder for me to read my later work now because I had to leave my old efed home and drift into shark-infested waters where that type of writing was key in your character's success. I'm just not into that style of writing as I was so I skim my own sheeit too. But if you were like me back then, that level of description was necessary especially during matches. I could sit back and imagine every little detail in a person's entrance (depending on who wrote it) as if I were watching it on TV. I'd even take *"Poo Poo" by the Dookies hits. He runs down the ramp and slides into the ring. Then he climbs the turnbuckle and raises his fist.* from somebody's bio and stretch it to paragraph's length. People appreciated me to that, taking simple actions of their character that only the creator themselves can picture perfectly and fleshing it out into something everybody can read and picture as it should be pictured.

When you love it, you love it man. I LOVED that sheeit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information