GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Completionist The Celtic Warrior's Avatar

Post WWE 13 - Attitude Era rumor

Former WWE superstar, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman, is leading the charge against video game maker, THQ, for low-balling him and other former wrestlers offers to be included in their upcoming "WWE 13" game.
    Here's what Waltman tweeted yesterday regarding the issue: "@thq trying to low ball & deny customary royalties to Attitude Era stars who dont happen to be currently under WWE contract or Legends deal."

Apparently, the theme for "WWE 13" will have something to do with the Attitude era. If that's accurate, then X-Pac's frustration is a little more understandable. I'm not sure he would be so offended with their offer if he wasn't such an intricate part of the very gimmick THQ plans on using to sell the game
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorial...stlers?start=1

Interesting rumor. I wonder if there's really any truth to this. I don't think THQ would really be trying to get X-pac in the game just as a stand-alone bonus character or anything like that, not like he's much of a legend or someone the current generation of WWE fans would really recognize. He was a somewhat minor character during the Attitude Era and if they care enough to be trying to get him into the game, then it seems like they really might be doing something involving the Attitude Era.

On the other hand, kind of hard to imagine why WWE would allow this to be incorporated into their game while we're still in this PG era on TV. Just going to get a bunch of kids wondering who these playable characters are and going on YouTube to find a bunch of raunchy programming from 10 years ago. Although the WWE videogames have always seemed to get a little bit of extra slack, they're still allowed to have blood and stiff weapon shots that aren't allowed on live programming anymore.

Pretend for a second that this is real, that the Attitude Era will have some involvement in WWE 13. Does that increase your interest level, or do you think this is one of the most uninspired ways that THQ figured they could stir up some excitement for yet another yearly release of the same old tired game engine?

I'm kind of divided with how I feel about it. I think it would be great to have some Attitude characters. But the cynical part of me can easily see THQ sitting down at a board meeting and thinking "how can we fool people into buying this same old game for yet another year. I know! Offer some Attitude era guys $100 to be in the game and it'll fly off the shelves!" And it's probably true, I think it would be great for sales. WWE hasn't created any new gimmick matches so THQ can't really advertise a new match type, they aren't willing to really re-work the game engine, so they had to reach for something to make WWE 13 interesting.

Stretching this already questionable rumor even further, I wonder if anything Attitude-like will be incorporated into any WWE programming when we get later into the year October/November and it's almost game release time. Gotta advertise for the game somehow. Considering this year's WM already has The Rock coming back, and HHH and Undertaker talking about the end of their era, I wonder how the rest of the year will play out that will lead up to releasing a game involving Attitude stars.
    Last edited by The Celtic Warrior; February 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

boss super admin macjunior Impulsive's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused

Re: WWE 13 - Attitude Era rumor

Or the more likely scenario, they're trying to put Attitude Era stuff into that upcoming WWE Brawl game.
    Inspect List

Inspector Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsive View Post
    Or the more likely scenario, they're trying to put Attitude Era stuff into that upcoming WWE Brawl game.
    I read his tweets yesterday, trust me, he means WWE '13. This quote failed to list his other tweets furthing him speaking about WWE '13.

WWE Survivor Series 2011 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 Predictions Winner

My Mood
    Psychedelic

While I would LOVE to have the Attitude Era in, in a fashion like I said in another thread where I would like 3 different rosters: Legends/80's, Attitude Era, Current. It's not going to sell me on this game. Granted I won't kid myself either, I'm not going to sit here and say I WONT buy WWE '13, but this won't make me run out and pre-order it.

Although, whats an attitude era roster without X-Pac? Attitude Era DX would have been one of my first thoughts on this idea.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1000+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

Tried the Demo justacooldudeuknow's Avatar

I also like 80`s/Attitude/ and current. I would not mind this. As long as they are all distributed fairly.

I honestly do not care about any kind of Era of any kind until THQ & Yukes fixes the over all game.

Really if THQ & Yukes can not fix the reverses and other issues with in the game, I won't be buying WWE 13. Because to me all it will be is an up dated roster and probably a new mode if that.

I'm sorry but I had almost all I can take with spending $60 bucks and I honestly didn't feel I got my money worth with WWE 12.

So inless THQ & Yukes can fix the over all issues that where in WWE 12, I will no doubt just be renting the game if anything at all as far as WWE 13 goes.
    Detroit

Check-pointer
    My Mood
    Happy

I think an Attitude Era game is the buzz every year. I don't think they its really going to happen some wrestlers from the era sure I could see Road Dogg as a Legend in WWE'13. What fixes need to happen for WWE'12 in your opinion WWERKO? Just asking for yours and others thoughts.

The recent news of JR doing commentary with Lawler in WWE'13 may be a good hint,Sounds good to me But I'd prefer it to be ALL era's and people split into them on the select screen kinda like No Mercy But now...

First Page-Golden Era(Savage/Steamboat/Etc)/2nd Page-Next Generation(Bret Hart/Old-School Taker/Etc)/Third Page-Attitude Era(Rock/Austin/Etc)/4th Page-Ruthless Aggression(Brock/Booker T/Etc)5th Page-Current WWE and then last page being Alumni(people on the roster who leave before game's release)

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

Gaming Purist

Attitude era in wwe13 sounds awesome. Hope its true

My Mood
    Amused

the only way to make anyone somewhat want the game has to include something major.. a 150+ character roster with the bulk of wrestlers being 90-2000 wwe gimmick wrestlers would do just nicely.. putting back all the removed moves from previous games and still include the legends in now such as arn, macho, vader, demolition, road warriros etc... but just adding new ones would tempt me to get the game.. otherwise.. fuck thq fuck yukes fuck wrestling.. and i'm serious.. i just sold my wrestlemania ticket because the quaility of the product on the show and video game both lack.. i'd rather watch bowling than wrestling these days..
    Competition Breeds Excellence!

Tried the Demo justacooldudeuknow's Avatar

Well stated. Good post!

I personally very much enjoyed the bolded parts I highlighted.

Exactly how I feel at this point and time!

Quote Originally Posted by zhigge View Post
    the only way to make anyone somewhat want the game has to include something major.. a 150+ character roster with the bulk of wrestlers being 90-2000 wwe gimmick wrestlers would do just nicely.. putting back all the removed moves from previous games and still include the legends in now such as arn, macho, vader, demolition, road warriros etc... but just adding new ones would tempt me to get the game.. otherwise.. fuck thq fuck yukes fuck wrestling.. and i'm serious.. i just sold my wrestlemania ticket because the quaility of the product on the show and video game both lack.. i'd rather watch bowling than wrestling these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Animalz07 View Post
    I think an Attitude Era game is the buzz every year. I don't think they its really going to happen some wrestlers from the era sure I could see Road Dogg as a Legend in WWE'13. What fixes need to happen for WWE'12 in your opinion WWERKO? Just asking for yours and others thoughts.
    Well in my opinion what needs fix for WWE 12 or even 13 for that matter is the following..

1. Reverses, In all honestly I had issues and I don't believe I was the only one who had issues with reverses in WWE 12.

2. Lack there of replay value, honestly speaking I remember SVR 10 & even 11 having more replay value then WWE 12, I just don't have the hart to keep picking up the controller and putting in the game and playing it. I probably wouldn't feel this way if everything just didn't feel over all boring to me at least.

3. Blocking moves, I felt it was a bit tough at times to do this, along with other things.

4. Over all the gameplay I still believe is broken in most areas of the game, even some submission moves that should make a superstar tap out isn't even a submission move at all, like Mr. Socko which is a submission move and yet to this very day neither THQ or Yukes can get this move right.

5. The pinning system, in all honestly this has got to go and leave the game. I hate it with all of my hart and then some. Sure THQ & Yukes has tired to improve this but moves people should kick out of can't.

There maybe a few other things but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. If all of these issues where fixed and WWE 13 where to offer more replay value then I would think about buying WWE 13, but until THQ starts to talk about WWE 13 and what it might have to offer , everything is still up in the air.
    Last edited by WWE RKO; February 23, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Detroit

Gaming Purist

replay value.. play online. I have had lots of no lag matches.

Reversing is harder, thats y no one likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post

What i've been saying since November.

I don't agree with"fuck THQ,fuck Yukes"and especially not"fuck wrestling"(a WWE merchandise product should not represent all wrestling since WWE is not the only wrestling promotion in the world),And I don't think the series will be boosted from WWE 12's roster to 150+ in WWE'13..But I agree they should be hitting the 100 mark and shouldn't be hard IF they keep most of the roster&DLC then just add more!!!

As for a possible Attitude Era theme..I'm assuming it'll just be like how WCW is done in WWE'12 and a RTWM story,But IF they do more then I sure hope they make it justice by going all out as possible!!

Arenas-Raw is War/Original Smackdown/King of the Ring

Match&Match Alts-Buried Alive/Casket/3 Stages of Hell/Ambulance/Special Referee/Steel Cage Match(Black)/Original HIAC cage

Alt Gimmicks/Attires-Triple H(HHH long tights/Original DX shirt&jeans)/HBK(Hearts/WM14)/Ministry Undertaker/Masked Kane/Big Show(Ponytail and short tights)/Mark Henry(Sexual Chocolate)/Rock(Silk shirt&slacks&dress shoes/sweatpants and shirt)/Stone Cold(Austin 3:16 shirt&jeans)/Old-School Edge/Old-school Christian/Mankind

IF not all of them then at least as CAW items

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

Bad Apple
    (Banned)

My Mood
    Goofy

I like the fact that X-pac is the one doing the complaining, the man took less money to show his d*ck on camera.

As for the roster increase, they are having enough trouble with having enough moves for the roster they have now, another 20 wrestlers or more added to the list wont help matters here.

People have disagreed with me, but since so many are turned off already, I'd prefer them to do their little roster changes, and keep the gameplay the way it is, just fix it. What I mean is, I'd prefer they not add new tech or modes, and just fine tune what they already have. I dont have any issue with the reversals, so I dont know how they could fix that. Universe is a good idea, but it lacks execution, that needs to get fixed. Not to mention adding a good number of new things to ALL of their creation features, their lacking attempt this year makes you scratch your head a bit. But if they relax on the new tech this year, they would have more time and cash to deal with that feature altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post

Although I respect your views and opinions, I have to agree to disagree. Too many people cheat online and there for make it no fun to even enjoy and with the pin system the way it is it makes it even tougher to have a good match, more so when you know you should kick out of a simple move etc and then can't.

Maybe that is it about the reverser being to hard, but I don't believe that is my case, the issue I have is when the icon pop's up and tells you to reverse a move, it is way to late to do so. I know it's all about timing and it's always has been, however it shouldn't be this tough to counter or reverse a move.
    Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by WWE RKO View Post
    Although I respect your views and opinions, I have to agree to disagree. Too many people cheat online and there for make it no fun to even enjoy and with the pin system the way it is it makes it even tougher to have a good match, more so when you know you should kick out of a simple move etc and then can't.

Maybe that is it about the reverser being to hard, but I don't believe that is my case, the issue I have is when the icon pop's up and tells you to reverse a move, it is way to late to do so. I know it's all about timing and it's always has been, however it shouldn't be this tough to counter or reverse a move.
    A LOT of people cheat, but not everyone. A few cheaters here and there shouldn't want to make you stop playing. If i come across a cheater, i report/block their gamertag so i never come across them again. Or you could just leave the match, because either way, you're gonna lose. cheating's a small thing which can, eventually, be avoided.

If the indicators bother you so much, turn them off and reverse the moves in real time. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallHimKiD View Post
    A LOT of people cheat, but not everyone. A few cheaters here and there shouldn't want to make you stop playing. If i come across a cheater, i report/block their gamertag so i never come across them again. Or you could just leave the match, because either way, you're gonna lose. cheating's a small thing which can, eventually, be avoided.

If the indicators bother you so much, turn them off and reverse the moves in real time. Simple.
    To some people reversing moves are easier said then done, I guess sense I have not played WWE 12 in a little over a month, I can give it another go around and retry it again and see if I can get the hang of it.

The indicators isn't the bothering part to me though to be honest, I thought it was there to help a player to let them know when to reverse or counter a move but I guess I am wrong.
    Detroit

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by mccanehd View Post
    I like the fact that X-pac is the one doing the complaining, the man took less money to show his d*ck on camera.

As for the roster increase, they are having enough trouble with having enough moves for the roster they have now, another 20 wrestlers or more added to the list wont help matters here.

People have disagreed with me, but since so many are turned off already, I'd prefer them to do their little roster changes, and keep the gameplay the way it is, just fix it. What I mean is, I'd prefer they not add new tech or modes, and just fine tune what they already have. I dont have any issue with the reversals, so I dont know how they could fix that. Universe is a good idea, but it lacks execution, that needs to get fixed. Not to mention adding a good number of new things to ALL of their creation features, their lacking attempt this year makes you scratch your head a bit. But if they relax on the new tech this year, they would have more time and cash to deal with that feature altogether.
    I agree...I didn't want to mention gameplay, because this isn't the thread for it....but I felt WWE '12 had an amazing game underneath all the crap, so instead of tearing something apart and adding in something new...again...only for you to have more problems...again....they need to fix and fine tune what they have, because if WWE '13 can be like '12 without all the headscatching problems, we'll have a great game on our hands. Take that and add in some attitude era goodness...we'll have a game people will want to play for a whole year again.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1000+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner