GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs

Post Your dream CAW mode!?

I personally still enjoy the CAW mode But I sure agree with many that it needs tons of work,IF in WWE'13 it'll be the same But just more options as usual I'll be ok But I think a complete over haul would be great since WWE'12 is meant as a reboot to the series and so might as well reboot a major mode like this one!!

The creation system itself could stay the same But more options for face&body morphing similar to Saints Row the Third or UFC games would nice,The return of custom skin tones&no more crotch blur is a must imo and more face&body templates would be a bonus(especially IF their made of actual wrestlers from WWF/E)!!

I'd also like to see even much more items for Legends/Alumni&Current people not in the game and old attires such as..

Giant Gonzales body suit/Rick Rude's Ravishing tights/Ted Dibiase money suit/Randy Savage Jacket with tassels/Ultimate Warrior arm band with tassels/Razor Ramon's Blade logo/Ricky Steamboat Dragon headset/Triple H's early DX long-tights/Triple H's old blue leather jacket with black sleeves/Ministry Taker's shirt/Kane's original flame shirt and flame singlet/nWo logo for cloths/Brock Lesnar tattoos&Skull logo/John Cena master lock chain/Hollywood Hogan lightning tights/Hulk Hogan tights('02-'05)/Sting WCW facepaint/Rey Mysterio mask(WCW)/Booker T WCW Harlem Heat tights/Scott Hall Blood logo/The Rock Bull logo/Sin Cara mask&New Kane mask

Entrances-I'm hoping they pull a Raw 2 with this mode and let us fully customize every lights than just for stage/ramp&ring,Also letting us pick our entrance props again would be great like when you could have a microphone during Triple H's animations or a Sledgehammer during Stone Cold's!!

Themes-I have over 100 wrestling themes on my hard drive But I think it'd be a nice touch IF they add themes of wrestlers not in the game and ones WWE owns

There is one thing that I'd mark out for and not sure IF it's possible even now(although I think I remember No Mercy doing this But not sure)and that is..Being able to copy an in-game wrestler and paste it onto a CAW slot,Imagine copying Big Show and turning him back to WCW's Giant or even using Kane or Taker as a body template and turn him into an original caw!!

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

My Mood
    Amused

Re: Your dream CAW mode!?

really they just need to find a way to blend both the caw and ingame models and allow editing of the in-game models and i will be fine. otherwise its just painful to try to make people only to find this part of the outfit is missing or if i could only use this from this ingame guy i'd be cool.
    Competition Breeds Excellence!

I'm sure somebody mentioned it before and I've thrown in on a list for a dream wrestling game. I have a bit of trouble explaining it so I'll do it the best I can.

Pretty much like this... if you can just imagine a paper doll for a second. You have a selection of basics shapes for shirts, tights, coats, shorts, pants, etc. What happens is, I'd like to be able to take those shapes, cut them like I see fit (like if I wanna take a normal t-shirt and give it a v-neck that goes all the way down to the belly button or something like that), throw designs on it, whatever, all from this 2D plane, and then be able to "preview" it on an actual character by pulling it straight onto a 3D model from this paper doll format. You wouldn't have to worry about the CAW's stance and lining things up perfectly on a 3D form because you have that easier-to-deal-with 2D version of the attire.

Not only that, but I always think back to Grafitti Kingdom when it comes to creation modes and this is basically where this idea comes from. I like how you could draw a circle, then add a 3D effect to it so it could become a sphere, and then you could attach it to anything you want. I mean, people could practically create any character they wanted with that system, with every 3D portion of the model properly represented because you're not forced to use "paint tool" for a part you know should be three dimensional on the character you're trying to (re)create. That's what's I've wanted for awhile. After playing DoR and being able to move those 3D parts to whatever part of the model you'd prefer, I've been wanting the Smackdown series to do the same. I want to be able to create a 3D shoulder pad, the mass selection of "horns" that HCTP had, gauntlets, nemes (the Egytian headgear worn by the Pharoahs), the list goes on.

Seems similar to Little Big Planet's creations..Sounds good to me!!

I've been a huge fan of the SD vs Raw series for a number of years, but I've kind of lost the love the past few years. The CAW was once my favorite feature, but its continuously lost a little year after year. I'll offer some suggestions for improvements, but whether or not they are ever implemented or not is highly doubtful.

First off I think if someone copies a wrestlers movesets and so forth they should get everything. A big annoyance I've had the past few years in the generic match endings--all the CAWs have the exact same thing--and it isn't cool. If I copy the Undertaker I would like to be able to use his after match celebration--not some lame premade thing that doesn't come close to fitting my character.

I think they should have the option of a hell of a lot more pre created figures that you can edit as you please. A lot of times you can start with a face that looks good, tweak it here and there and you have something really cool. If you can have 100 tatoos why not 100 faces to choose from?

I'd like the ability to create belts back, and after match beat downs could be back. You should take away all the PG stuff and give us back the ability to create divas with some scandalous outfits. Cut the crotch and chest blur thing, and add create a finisher. There is so much.

I was greatly disappointed in the latest SD game. Hopefully 13 will be better, but I've moved on to better things already so I'm not going to be losing any sleep over it. Loving the wrestling scene over at Second Life. Its a lot better than anything in WWE12 by far.
    Back from the dead...at least for the moment!

My Mood
    Blah

For lack of a better word, everything. You can use pictures of a face to create a model you can work from there. Material would be an option with attire. By that i mean you pick tights, boots, etc. It can be leather, denim, cotton, or whatever. Paint Tools can be used as patterns. Nonsense like the blurs or skin color restrictions would be non existent. Objects (horns, tails, etc) can be placed anywhere (despite what SOME people will do with them. You can actually give your caw personally which will translate in to the matches. there will be sliders (brawler, technical, dirty, etc) to help determine the style of reversing. There's alot of ideas in my head I can't seem to get out so I'll stop now.
    "If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass"- Chavo Guerrero

I don't always drink, but when I do, I SAVAGELY beat my wife.

"I'm a short dicked Irishman!" - Brian Kendick

If your product were any good, you wouldn't need sexism to sell it.

My Mood
    Psychedelic

While this mode isn't perfect...I've always felt CAW is the one area THQ/Yukes excelled at. Still to this day I haven't played another game with a more in depth create mode. THQ actually fixed one major problem I had with this mode last year and that was allowing us to change multiple colors on items that had more than one. If you remember the older games, you'd try changing something to blue and another part of it would be neon green...I hated that.

Alot of good ideas have been posted, but the overall core of this mode needs to remain the same.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1100+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010, 2011 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

I find caw mode stale and boring.I make a quick caw just so I can relieve the boredom.Year after year I find my self not wanting to enter caw mode.

My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_305 View Post
    I find caw mode stale and boring.I make a quick caw just so I can relieve the boredom.Year after year I find my self not wanting to enter caw mode.
    Okay. What would make it fresh and exciting for you?
    "If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass"- Chavo Guerrero

I don't always drink, but when I do, I SAVAGELY beat my wife.

"I'm a short dicked Irishman!" - Brian Kendick

If your product were any good, you wouldn't need sexism to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Okay. What would make it fresh and exciting for you?
    At this stage I don't even know.The mode is not to stellar.I use to love making caws.I loved it!Now I cant stand the damn mode.The only reason I enter it is because I only like using caws.I make one caw of myself then I just download the rest.I been doing this since SVR10.

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Sounds to me more like you just got used to downloading other peoples creations. Because this really is a stellar create feature when you compare it to any other game out there, no other game truly lets you create ANYTHING you want and make it look as accurate as possible like the WWE games do....like I said in my earlier post, this is the one area THQ has always excelled at.

But I've also come to realize since about...well SvR 2010...that there's sooooo much to do with a CAW now that it actually takes hours upon hours to make a really good one, so it can be a bit discouraging to make one sometimes...so instead you use the easy method and download someone else's creation, that way they did all the work for you.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1100+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010, 2011 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Sounds to me more like you just got used to downloading other peoples creations. Because this really is a stellar create feature when you compare it to any other game out there, no other game truly lets you create ANYTHING you want and make it look as accurate as possible like the WWE games do....like I said in my earlier post, this is the one area THQ has always excelled at.

But I've also come to realize since about...well SvR 2010...that there's sooooo much to do with a CAW now that it actually takes hours upon hours to make a really good one, so it can be a bit discouraging to make one sometimes...so instead you use the easy method and download someone else's creation, that way they did all the work for you.
    Or it could be that I hate the damn mode and find it easier to download caws and save myself hours upon hours in a mode I hate.

I think the reason people probably find it stale is because it hasn't really changed in the past four or five years. It is basically the same thing, if anytihing items have been removed to make it more limited.
    Back from the dead...at least for the moment!

I was playing Legends Of Wrestlemania again, after not playing it for a while and I forgot how many excellent Jackets, tights, hairstyles, and hats they had. I don't know why they didn't just transfer all of them as well as the wrestling moves to the modern roster series instead of just a few.

I also think like the UFC series, they should give you auto-arrange, face shape feature, thicker looking facial hair which doesn't look like it's stuck on and what you want your body definition to look like so you can actually make your CAWs look different to eachother.

(I personally love the Legends Of Wrestlemania game because I didn't mind the classic, arcade play, It had great looking arenas, especially in the crowd around the ring(WM 3, 5, 9 and 15), great ringside grapples and much better manager matches than the SD/WWE 12 series)

Achievement Hunter Radman McAwesome's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine

As it stands now, I dig most of WWE 12's CAW mode. (Still wish I could adjust the transparency of moveable/size changeable tattoos)

All I request is re-implementing some of the stuff taken out of the mode and make the process of creating alternate attires to be streamlined so that you can make them while you're first creating the CAW. Also, why not reimplement the silliness of past games by including more bizzare pieces (like bunny suits, dingo suits, etc.)

Spoiler:

I forcefully expel saliva unto the countenances of those individual human beings who choose not to maintain a reasonably comfortable and low body tempature.

No Way Out 2008 Prediction Winner
    Great American Bash 2008 Prediction Winner
    SummerSlam 2008 Prediction Winner
    WrestleMania XXVIII Prediction Winner
    695x GamingRing Hardcore Champion (second most reigns)

Attires:
    MJ's outfits
    Elvis's suits
    Dancing outfits
    Prison outfit
    Pirate outfit
    Renaissance outfit
    Ninja outfit
    Egyptian outfit
    Arabian outfit
    Cowboy/cowgirl outfit
    Roman outfit
    Fairytale outfit (Superstar/Diva version)
    Indians outfit
    Space outfit
    20's outfit
    30's outfit
    40's outfit
    50's outfit
    60's outfit
    70's outfit
    80's outfit

---------------------------
    Create An Entrances:

Into:
    Stage: Michael Jackson's Anti-gravity leaned
    Ramp: Thriler
    Ring In: MJ's jump on his tippy toes
    In Ring: Moonwalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xc6...eature=related

Into:
    Stage: Big arm side step & Tippy toes
    Ramp: Shaky leg
    Ring in: Sideways moonwalk
    In Ring: Shaky Leg split & Elvis's kick
    ------------------------------------------

Custom Videos Ideas:
    Dancing themes
    Prison theme
    Pirate theme
    Renaissance theme
    Ninja theme
    Egyptian theme
    Arabian theme
    Cowboy/cowgirl theme
    Roman theme
    Fairytale themes (Superstar/Diva version)
    Indians theme
    Space theme
    20's theme
    30's theme
    40's theme
    50's theme
    60's theme
    70's theme
    80's theme
    Cartoon theme
    Board game themes
    Video game themes
    Clown theme
    Barbarian theme
    Police theme
    Russian theme
    Germany theme
    Israel theme
    & etc
    -----------------------
    CALL NAMES:
    Cairo
    Grubb-Star
    Grubber
    Grubby
    Grubbworm
    Grubbster
    Dashing
    Dangerous
    Dancing
    Tribulation
    Revelation
    Adam
    Rose
    Blake
    Zack
    Glen
    Chole
    Devin
    Wyatt
    O'Neil
    Grubb
    Garrison
    Carissa
    Couch
    Eads
    Rebekah
    Butz
    Kris
    Musician
    Insane
    Howe
    Lee
    Wray
    Bethany
    Weaver
    Favors
    Welch
    Robin
    Wolf
    Tigion
    Wox
    Folf
    Dox
    Jackal
    Dingo
    Coyote
    Coyote
    Dhole
    Ralph
    Jr.
    Brooks
    Comb
    --------------------------
    Hometown:
    Hamilton, Ohio
    West Chester, Ohio
    Oxford, Ohio
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Last edited by TripleDan; April 29, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Girls caught me in their Web.

^Great list right there!
    Last edited by LuisTX85; May 1, 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Thread Information