GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs

Is it just me?... (UFC U3 demo)

Now I was never the best player in the Undisputed series. As a matter of fact, I had to drop down in difficulty from 09 to 10. But is it just me or is the Pride fight damn near impossible to win. I swear I've gone through like 20 matches in that mode, half as Wanderlei, half as Rampage, and lost every single one. At the same time I played the UFC matches half and half and won them all decisively. Is Pride rigged or something?

Achievement Hunter

Re: Is it just me?... (UFC U3 demo)

Quote Originally Posted by WebbanationX View Post
    Now I was never the best player in the Undisputed series. As a matter of fact, I had to drop down in difficulty from 09 to 10. But is it just me or is the Pride fight damn near impossible to win. I swear I've gone through like 20 matches in that mode, half as Wanderlei, half as Rampage, and lost every single one. At the same time I played the UFC matches half and half and won them all decisively. Is Pride rigged or something?
    It is kinda you lol.... You can't play Pride like you play a UFC fight in the demo and the two main reason's are there different fighters so you have to think smart and strategic. And secondly you have more room to move about in a Pride ring...so use it.

Other then that it just ability.... I win most of the fights but have lost some, so it can't be Pride i'm sorry to piss on your ego.
    1/27/13 The Rock reclaims his throne!

CTO / Server Admin Ryan Kightlinger's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

Another thing to mention that with the Pride Demo, you are fighting in the Heavy Weight division. The first round is longer, so I assume all of the fighters endurance is increased. Effective blocking and countering is important.
    Co-Founder of WrestlingGames.com [1996 - 2001]

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownVsNoMercy View Post
    It is kinda you lol.... You can't play Pride like you play a UFC fight in the demo and the two main reason's are there different fighters so you have to think smart and strategic. And secondly you have more room to move about in a Pride ring...so use it.

Other then that it just ability.... I win most of the fights but have lost some, so it can't be Pride i'm sorry to piss on your ego.
    XD

I just think it's crazy I mean, yeah it makes sense that they're different fighters in different classes with different stats, but in Pride it's like the difficulty spikes just like those PPV fights in the previous games. The CPU's aggression and psychic abilities compared to the UFC fight multiplies tremendously. Every punch is ducked or countered, every transition is reversed, it's just awful. I can't even blame it on my control, which isn't good for a game like this because my left analog sticks so I can't flick, which means I can't sway or side step. But yeah, I guess it's your two opinions to my one so it's definitely my suckiness that's doing it (which would make so much more sense if I was having problems in the other fight, more fighting space or otherwise)

Just to throw this in there, my friend also played like 30 fights as Rampage and won I believe 3 by decision, but he plays like a psychopath. When he gets into grapple trouble he just shines the right stick like a madman, screw major transitions, and "survives" somehow. He definitely spent more time cursing at the game than praising it.

CTO / Server Admin Ryan Kightlinger's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

I've only played less than 10 matches, but I was never able to reach a decision in Pride. Either I won the match around 7 minute mark or lost.
    Co-Founder of WrestlingGames.com [1996 - 2001]

Now this is weird as hell. I go back to the demo giving it one last shot, go into Pride expecting to get dismantled, same settings, nothing changed, and I won both of the fights I played with not an ounce of problems. So frikkin random is this game

Tried the Demo

good work

this is good work !

Thread Information