GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Achievement Hunter Lucid_Delusion's Avatar

Re: THQ cancels all 2014 projects, selling themselves off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
    I was talking to Brad about this whole stock thing a few days ago. Stock keeps going down which is bad.

Massive showing at e3? with what they dont have much. WWE13 thats about it unless they try to rush out Saints 4..
    I couldn't see them rushing out a new Saints Row so fast. Maybe a major DLC pack for it but not another full blown game. Volition is working on two new projects but I don't know if either of them are ready for an E3 presentation. More than likely their big games at E3 this year will be WWE 13 and Darksiders 2, based on existing properties and one being a licensed property.

So yeah they need a big showing but as it stands we only know two games for sure that they'll be able to show.

-Currently Playing-
    Rock Band 2, Gears of War 2, The Beatles: Rock Band,
    Resident Evil 5, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire
    Rock Band 3, CoD: Black Ops, Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    -Currently Awaiting-
    The Last Guardian, Agent, Dead Island

CTO / Server Admin Ryan Kightlinger's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
    I was talking to Brad about this whole stock thing a few days ago. Stock keeps going down which is bad.

Massive showing at e3? with what they dont have much. WWE13 thats about it unless they try to rush out Saints 4..
    WWE 13, UFC Undisputed 4 (possibly, they may not be obligated for a yearly title), Darksiders 2 (which will release in late June), and possibly Warhammer. Whatever they show, it better be eye turning.

Update: Their UFC franchise will most likely not appear this year, unless something drastic happens.
    Co-Founder of WrestlingGames.com [1996 - 2001]

Well if THQ is really hurting as much as some say they are, it's only a matter of time before they try and do whatever they can to help break even with sales of any of there up coming games. But who knows if that will even work.
    Detroit

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Just to fill everyone in, Saints 4 isn't expected until 2014...so I'm hoping all goes well, because thats really the only franchise from them I love. I mean yeah, I still buy all the WWE games every year...but they arent Saints Row.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1100+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

My Mood
    Angry

Goes to show you can't put all your eggs in that casual basket. And you can't keep running out stale garbage.
    Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
    1) Bret Hart 2) Ultimo Dragon 3) Brock Lesnar 4) Kurt Angle 5) Chris Jericho

I will never call the WWE belt a championship again. Since it likes to be passed around like a slut, it'll be from this day forth known as the WWE "Championshit".

They'll probably be showing more of Devil's Third at E3 finally. That might send a few ripples through the gaming community and help their case

My Mood
    Crappy

Right now it's hovering around $.48. In case anyone wanted a real time look at the stock. This is a link to the THQI stock on Nasdaq:
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/thqi
    Let the "Reality Era" reign supreme with C.M. Punk at the helm erasing the years of CRAPTITUDE from my mind.
    "I'm going to pull an Ultimate Warrior" -Cody Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallHimKiD View Post
    I hope this is true. We may have to wait longer for a new game, but it's a chance that'll be worth it when a new company takes over. What i'm hoping for is multiple companies having rights to WWE games. I would love to have a choice between WWE games, sorta like when we had the ability to choose between HCTP, RAW 2, or D.O.R. 2, without them being Console exclusives and by the same company.

But a fan can only dream, right?
    you do realized that all those games were from THQ?

...if they were selling off design divisions, I could honestly see WWE purchasing off the ones responsible for WWE games and hiring the the design teams to work directly for WWE in a Games division
    Last edited by Tripleb2k1; April 12, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Achievement Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Tripleb2k1 View Post
    you do realized that all those games were from THQ?

...if they were selling off design divisions, I could honestly see WWE purchasing off the ones responsible for WWE games and hiring the the design teams to work directly for WWE in a Games division
    Why buy when you can sell the WWE brand to a publisher for 10 x as much. Starting a games division would mean more then then hiring team of devs. They would have to invest in a marketing team, a sales team, hr, etc...

Makes more sense to sell the WWE brand to a publisher who has this already. Plus with how much WWE has grown since THQ originally bought the deal for and how big the WWE games sell each year. They could smack a big price on the rights.
    1/27/13 The Rock reclaims his throne!

My Mood
    Crappy
    Does anyone see the irony that there's a thread about news of wrestlers from the Attitude Era being in WWE 13 and ideas to improve the series; while, in direct juxtaposition to conversations about this very company who makes the game is falling apart? It can't just be me:banghead:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Let the "Reality Era" reign supreme with C.M. Punk at the helm erasing the years of CRAPTITUDE from my mind.

Gaming Purist

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Kightlinger View Post
    WWE 13, UFC Undisputed 4 (possibly, they may not be obligated for a yearly title), Darksiders 2 (which will release in late June), and possibly Warhammer. Whatever they show, it better be eye turning.

Update: Their UFC franchise will most likely not appear this year, unless something drastic happens.
    I highly doubt the next ufc game comes out this year. Im guessing 2013 winter if not later

Viper. I love saints row frachinse. I think saints 3 did help thq a lot.

I some how am doubting anything bad will happen as of right now, if THQ is indeed that much trouble there not going to air it all right now, there going to try and do whatever they can to milk as much money out of there games, plus the ones that will be coming out this year. Although I could be wrong, one just never knows for sure.

Only time will tell if THQ is really indeed that much trouble or not.
    Detroit

My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by WWE RKO View Post
    I some how am doubting anything bad will happen as of right now, if THQ is indeed that much trouble there not going to air it all right now, there going to try and do whatever they can to milk as much money out of there games, plus the ones that will be coming out this year. Although I could be wrong, one just never knows for sure.

Only time will tell if THQ is really indeed that much trouble or not.
    They can try to milk whatever they want out of current games. Seriously, I am not sure what big games that have been out for months (eg WWE 12, Saint's Row, UFC, etc.) can do for sales. Maybe they have a nick kids game they can make a small profit from. I don't know their release schedule is right now. The market must not think much of it, I would imagine. What has to be clear is they are missing all kinds of quotas and I expectations and pretty much the entire confidence from the market when your shares are worth less than .50.

They can ignore all the rumors from IGN and bloggers and message boards and whoever else. The can't ignore the NASDAQ which is just staring at them dead in the eyes. They can't ignore their shareholders who must be turning purple right now. I don't know how any other (video game) company doesn't see them as a low risk-high reward venture.

Without ANY infusion of capital, I don't see how they avoid bankruptcy. That's why they are so ripe for the picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarmark77 View Post
    They can try to milk whatever they want out of current games. Seriously, I am not sure what big games that have been out for months (eg WWE 12, Saint's Row, UFC, etc.) can do for sales. Maybe they have a nick kids game they can make a small profit from. I don't know their release schedule is right now. The market must not think much of it, I would imagine. What has to be clear is they are missing all kinds of quotas and I expectations and pretty much the entire confidence from the market when your shares are worth less than .50.

They can ignore all the rumors from IGN and bloggers and message boards and whoever else. The can't ignore the NASDAQ which is just staring at them dead in the eyes. They can't ignore their shareholders who must be turning purple right now. I don't know how any other (video game) company doesn't see them as a low risk-high reward venture.

Without ANY infusion of capital, I don't see how they avoid bankruptcy. That's why they are so ripe for the picking.
    Well whatever happens to THQ happens, if they need to file for bankruptcy to help them recover and restart things then so be it.

I guess as I've said before only time will tell what will happen to THQ.
    Detroit

Bad Apple
    (Banned)

My Mood
    Goofy

Its two fold in many ways though, Shareholders are not worried because of the licenses they own, they are still making money. From what I understand, U-draw was an in house investment, which would only be important to the guys who used their money to fund it. With the new changes and current numbers, I doubt any shareholder is ready to fold, without giving it a solid year to prove something. Which is why, your not going to see them fall just yet. Now if they do a sub-par showing or lower, then the clock will be ready to stop. With the better than thought showings from wwe 12/Saints 3/ufc 3, it would not surprise me if the majoity of shareholders were giving two year investments to see where it goes. Its not going to save them, but it will keep them afloat for a bit.

http://www.digitaltr...io-acquistions/
    "Electronic Arts “definitely” planning more studio acquisitions"

"Even after it made an impressive recovery during its recent financial quarter, publisher THQ remains vulnerable and could be an affordable pick up for EA. The company has a market value of just under $50 million, small potatoes for Electronic Arts, and potentially worthwhile for the stockpile of intellectual properties like Darksiders and Homefront. It would also allow EA to gain even more control of the sports video games market provided the acquisition led to EA taking over the WWE and UFC license rights."

Interesting But I doubt EA would want the WWE license(I remember reading somewhere long ago that EA is not interested in doing wrestling games)and Dana White would take his rights back asap!IF WWE did went to them though..

-Online passes would be crazy But it wouldn't bother me since I always get all games NEW

-Graphics would likely be great-amazing

-Audio would be astonishing

-Character models would likely be amazing

-Few changes in each mode for each new game But worthy changes

-CAW mode would maybe be limited i many ways But IF they use the EA Game Face feature then that would plenty

However IF it becomes an annual title like their sports games..Everything else would be like current THQ game or even a bit worse!

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

Quote Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
    http://www.digitaltr...io-acquistions/
    "Electronic Arts “definitely” planning more studio acquisitions"

"Even after it made an impressive recovery during its recent financial quarter, publisher THQ remains vulnerable and could be an affordable pick up for EA. The company has a market value of just under $50 million, small potatoes for Electronic Arts, and potentially worthwhile for the stockpile of intellectual properties like Darksiders and Homefront. It would also allow EA to gain even more control of the sports video games market provided the acquisition led to EA taking over the WWE and UFC license rights."

Interesting But I doubt EA would want the WWE license(I remember reading somewhere long ago that EA is not interested in doing wrestling games)and Dana White would take his rights back asap!IF WWE did went to them though..

-Online passes would be crazy But it wouldn't bother me since I always get all games NEW

-Graphics would likely be great-amazing

-Audio would be astonishing

-Character models would likely be amazing

-Few changes in each mode for each new game But worthy changes

-CAW mode would maybe be limited i many ways But IF they use the EA Game Face feature then that would plenty

However IF it becomes an annual title like their sports games..Everything else would be like current THQ game or even a bit worse!
    One truly knows how EA would handle such a sport / wrestling game like the WWE series, other then guessing what they have done in the pass which wasn't too good but given time I am sure now they could be a lot better one never knows for sure.

I do not believe EA would take over THQ or there games, but if this where to happen only we can hope for the best things.

Plus only time will tell how EA would do with something like the WWE games. Also if Dana White doesn't want anything to do with EA having WWE games rights etc, then I guess that is his problem.

Not to go to far off topic but speaking of EA I am interested in finding out how they rebooted there NBA games.

Back on topic.. The website you have isn't working, just a heads up there.

Again my view it would be interesting to see what happens, that is if EA does buy out more sports games like WWE & UFC for that matter, it would hopefully give them more control & power to do more things with those games.

I'll be waiting to see how all of this pans out.
    Detroit

Try this link..
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...o-acquistions/

As for White,I meant he hates EA and so he'd likely not let the UFC right go there!

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

My Mood
    Crappy

WWE games could do worse. They could do a LOT BETTER, too. I wonder what Rockstar would do with a wrestling video game...lol. Sure could write a better story, at least. No time machines to be found in GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
    Try this link..
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...o-acquistions/

As for White,I meant he hates EA and so he'd likely not let the UFC right go there!
    Thanks for the correct link, and what you meant about White.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

WWE games could do worse. They could do a LOT BETTER, too. I wonder what Rockstar would do with a wrestling video game...lol. Sure could write a better story, at least. No time machines to be found in GTA.
    I am unsure about Rockstar doing wrestling games like that of the WWE. I wonder how 2K Sports would do, but they don't seem interested in doing wrestling games right now, then again I could be wrong.
    Detroit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information