GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

THQ cancels all 2014 projects, selling themselves off?

GoNintendo.com:

Could this be the end of THQ as we know it? We know things aren't going that well for the company, but now we're hearing that THQ is actually cancelling their entire 2014 lineup. If that isn't bad enough, the company is also rumored to be in the midst of hunting down another publisher to purchase them. Are we going to see THQ exit the publishing arena this year? Thanks to Cypher for the heads up.

You may all rejoice now!

WWE Survivor Series 2011 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 Predictions Winner

Gaming Purist

Re: THQ cancels all 2014 projects, selling themselves off?

Saints and WWE did great in sales. It should have helped them a lot with UFC3 being the big one to save them. Who knows. Rumors

Tried the Demo justacooldudeuknow's Avatar

I think as far as their wrestling titles go there is regularly alot of criticism and pressure on them from the fans. I also happen to think alot of people want their (THQ`s) wrestling games to be exactly how they want them and have certain things and have exactly what they want in them and if it doesn`t happen then they rant and rave and curse THQ/Yukes.

In closing though, I will say this whole online play and all the bugs/glitches in WWE`12 did not help things either. The game seemed too rushed also!

I honestly think they should be given more credit especially this year with "Create An Arena" and "Improved A.I.".

If WWE`13 can improve even further "perhaps" more people will finally take notice and give them more credit.

As Mariners4Life pointed out it is just.. Rumors.

So all we can do is wait & see and I am unsure how good GoNintendo dot com is. But if this is indeed true then this is pretty sad news for everybody who works for THQ.

Sure WWE 12 and almost every WWE game before that has had issues of one thing or another.

If THQ doesn't make it out of there troubling times then it's just another sign of how truly bad things really are in today's job market and world market.

So only time will tell if these rumors hold true or not.

But I can see how THQ is in money problems, with as many issues and problems they have with there games, it's no wonder.
    Is anyone open to an opportunity getting paid to help promote a new social media ????
    If so then go to this site https://www.l9app.com/fireup For more info and watch the video.

I personally still enjoy the WWE&UFC games and I love Saints The Third But overall I would have to agree that they have been lacking in true effort in ALL of their game catalogs in recent years,And as a company/game professionals their pretty ****** and their marketing teams are among the worst I've seen for the last couple of years!!

I could see EA Sports taking over UFC(although Dana White may still have problems with them)While EA takes Warhammer and maybe Saints and WWE!

Maybe Rockstar would be interested in Saints and that could be very interesting!

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

Gaming Purist

why would rockstar be interested in Saints when they got GTA and they dont really consider Saints as completion to begin with

I said this from the very start of things and that is I would rather have a company like 2K Sports who knows sports video games to have the WWE games vs that of EA. I am not trying to shoot down EA but I believe 2k Sports is the better company. And I could see Saints going to EA or another company.

Then again maybe EA could do a good job with the WWE games, who knows for sure, it's honestly to soon to tell right at the moment.
    Is anyone open to an opportunity getting paid to help promote a new social media ????
    If so then go to this site https://www.l9app.com/fireup For more info and watch the video.

I hope this is true. We may have to wait longer for a new game, but it's a chance that'll be worth it when a new company takes over. What i'm hoping for is multiple companies having rights to WWE games. I would love to have a choice between WWE games, sorta like when we had the ability to choose between HCTP, RAW 2, or D.O.R. 2, without them being Console exclusives and by the same company.

But a fan can only dream, right?

I agree about 2K being a great choice,Here's some valid points somebody posted on Caws.Ws!!..

"EA and 2K would also likely take their time since it would be their first installment if given the WWE license. So many factors to look at, but from their track records with sport games of late.

Presentation - Would be amazing from either side.

Sound - 2K would likely do the commentary justice. Also, their sound options are more in-depth compared to what THQ puts in the game.

Gameplay - Unknown, but they go for authenticity and replicating the sport (entertainment) as well making sure everyone plays how they should (stats and unique animations)

DLCs - Both, are primarily known for keeping their games up-to-date via patches and new attires. Roster updates too, but that would likely not be priority."

Meanwhile Yukes&THQ still has a chance to go out on a good note since they'd have two more years,They may not have a future But they can at least try to go out with a bang/guns blazing with WWE'13&'14!!

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I'll be looking forward to see what happens. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of a new company taking over the WWE games, but sometimes ot move forward you need to take a step back.
    Back from the dead...at least for the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
    I agree about 2K being a great choice,Here's some valid points somebody posted on Caws.Ws!!..

"EA and 2K would also likely take their time since it would be their first installment if given the WWE license. So many factors to look at, but from their track records with sport games of late.

Presentation - Would be amazing from either side.

Sound - 2K would likely do the commentary justice. Also, their sound options are more in-depth compared to what THQ puts in the game.

Gameplay - Unknown, but they go for authenticity and replicating the sport (entertainment) as well making sure everyone plays how they should (stats and unique animations)

DLCs - Both, are primarily known for keeping their games up-to-date via patches and new attires. Roster updates too, but that would likely not be priority."

Meanwhile Yukes&THQ still has a chance to go out on a good note since they'd have two more years,They may not have a future But they can at least try to go out with a bang/guns blazing with WWE'13&'14!!

Those are all good valid points that where made.

I am not too sure if THQ & Yukes would go out with a bang or not, but we can always hope they do something amazing before there time is up if this all holds true for them.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frisco View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I'll be looking forward to see what happens. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of a new company taking over the WWE games, but sometimes ot move forward you need to take a step back.
    I agree with you, it should be interesting to see what happens here and how everything plays out.

I would guess we would know how big of a deal this all is if we start to see more information coming in from IGN and other major gaming sites.

Something I just realized is that THQ could end with the current consoles..As there's rumors that Microsoft will reveal the new Xbox at E3 for a holiday 2013 launch and that PS4 will be revealed in 2013 or so..While New Nintendo is launching mid 2012!!!

IF THQ ends even in early 2014 then by the time WWE finds a new company and they go into production..It'd be released mid-late 2015,Making it A Fresh&Brand new WWE game by a new company for a new generation on new consoles!!

My Mood
    Twisted

Most likely it's going to happen. Here's what 411 mania says:

THQ, who does WWE's video games and produced WWE '12 after signing a new seven-year licensing deal with the company, is rumored to be cancelling a ton of projects scheduled for 2012 and may be getting ready for a sale. The company's stock price is currently $0.66, where is was $6 last year. The company handles the UFC franchise as well.

Credit: Kotaku.com

I'd think that would be a reason...

Link:
    http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...-For-Sale?.htm
    YouTube Player

Holy Fuck! $0.66? That's insanely low.

Somebody call their mommas!

My Mood
    Pensive

I thought the rumors was for them selling in 2014!?So WWE'13 may be canceled?

Edit-Update from Chief spokesperson..
    "THQ has not cancelled its 2014 line-up, and has not made any decisions regarding the planned MMO. As part of the ongoing review of our business, we have made decisions to ensure that the company is strategically addressing the most attractive markets. As we have previously announced, we have dramatically reduced our commitment to the kids' boxed games sector which leads to a significantly more focused release schedule moving forward. Our slate for calendar 2012 and beyond is focused on high-quality core games and continues to build our digital platform and business. We are excited for our pipeline of original and high-quality content along with our relationships with some of the best talent in the industry."
    http://kotaku.com/5876253/thq-wipes-...e-says-insider

Quote Originally Posted by MASTBLAST. View Post
    LOL.. damn there was always hope there for THQ to go under. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but they really could do a hell of a lot better then what they have done with there WWE games and other games.

I haven't wanted a company to go under so badly since TNA. I kinda feel bad now...

*Logs into Community Creations* Never Mind...

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallHimKiD View Post
    I haven't wanted a company to go under so badly since TNA. I kinda feel bad now...

*Logs into Community Creations* Never Mind...
    LOL.. I believe a good number of us where all on the same boat as you with wanting THQ to go under. I don't feel to bad because THQ keeps screwing things up.

I mean when they have things that work right for them in there videogames some how or another they find a way to screw it all up and screw there fans who like what they had done with games such as HCTP and DOR games etc. I mean those games worked and they where great, now all we get is what seems to be half a$$ed games.

How can they continue on and try to have"high-quality"gameS..When the company stock is now$0.66?The budget must be getting sliced in half for WWE'13&Other games!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information