GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Completionist Sudden Depact 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Location
    In Your Mind
    Posts
    6,513

    WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    F4Wonline is reporting that the talk backstage is that John Morrison will not be re-signing with WWE when his contract expires very soon.

    The feeling is that both Morrison and WWE have had enough working together and are ready to move on without each other. from pwpix
    him and his girl will go to TNA where they will get titles
    GamingRing Accomplishments
    1 of 2 Wrestlemania XXIV Prediction Winners
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009 Prediction Winner

    credit to Chocolate Booty Man for my avatar

  2. #2
    is all out of bubble gum Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,894
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Re: Report: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I take most of this dirtsheet trash with a grain of salt, but this one might actually have some merit. John Morrison's matches have been uninspired lately, and it's not exactly a secret that they swiftly dropped the ball with him, especially after his neck surgery.

    Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

    Credit: Nickelo

    My Mission

  3. #3
    Completionist PunisherLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Blackpool, England
    Posts
    2,452
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Re: Report: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Morrison was took that ball and ran with it earlier last year. His WWE Championship match with The Miz, His Royal Rumble spots, The Elimination Chamber spots, The Triple Threat Cage match spots. Then he got injured. Ever since he returned he's just been coasting.

    Morrison lost his flare a few months ago. I'd blame it on the neck injury.

    "I Pledge Allegiance To The Straight Edge Society. One Nation Under Punk, Indivisible With Integrity, And Sobriety For All."

    WWE Bragging Rights 2009 Prediction Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2010 & 2011 Prediction Winner
    WWE Money In The Bank 2010 Prediction Winner
    WWE Royal Rumble 2011 Prediction Winner
    WWE Extreme Rules 2011 Prediction Winner
    WWE Over The Limit 2011 Prediction Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2012 Prediction Winner

  4. #4
    Completionist WebbanationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Location
    Dat I-C Stowe
    Posts
    3,077

    Re: Report: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I think both are better off without one another which is what I assume is the consensus. Morrison can easily shine wherever he went and WWE won't be dragging down possibly the most underrated talent on the roster. Him leaving won't hurt them in the slightest

  5. #5
    Completionist ECM's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,163
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Re: Report: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I think when WWE released Melina he took it personally and ever since hasn't shown much passion since his return, not that he was given much chances to either. I'd much rather see Morrison go to ROH than TNA, I think some time in ROH would help him with his lack of charisma, in TNA he'd be much more of the same.

  6. #6
    Quicksaver CROCODYLLIA™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    479

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Morrison and Melina were both talented imo but they were always overlooked. Im not saying this would ever happen because TNA is not even close to being a threat to WWE and the bookings are terrible but when you think about it, this is kind of like how WCW got terrible with their talent because the company had a big ego and thought they will make it on their own. Guys like Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and many others weren't the biggest stars until they went to WWE and made the company a lot of money. If WWE continues to do this with a lot of talented guys and they end up going to TNA you never know what could happen. I know this sounds like a lot of shit but ego can never be a good thing.



  7. #7
    Achievement Hunter
    Join Date
    September 2004
    Location
    Im in a bush near you!
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Never a fan of him. He had some good in ring ability, that was about it. Mic skills was poor and wooden. His character is shit. Poor rip off of Jim Morrison, why would I want to see Jim Morrison as a wrestler?

    Poor hippie/rock wrestler. Glad to see him go.
    1/27/13 The Rock reclaims his throne!

  8. #8
    Check-pointer STKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    739
    My Mood
    Busy

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I never was a fan of Morrison, I hated everything about his gimmick, so this news does nothing for me. Even though I dont like him I always thought he should of been given a shot....... oh wait...... he did get his shot, he got several chances and he couldnt stay hot, its not because of injuries or his steroid suspension when he dropped the ECW title its because hes just a guy who gives you a nice spot every now and then.

    their has been alot of John Morrison rumors over the last few years, and none of it turned out to be true. Hes become the new Carlito, its time to cut him loose


    Gaming Ring Accomplishments:
    -WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Night of Champions 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Over the Limit 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Survivor Series 2011 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 Prediction Winner

  9. #9
    The Choice Of A New Generation Cuda™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    Team Kana HQ
    Posts
    10,333
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Age of $TKO View Post
    I never was a fan of Morrison, I hated everything about his gimmick, so this news does nothing for me. Even though I dont like him I always thought he should of been given a shot....... oh wait...... he did get his shot, he got several chances and he couldnt stay hot, its not because of injuries or his steroid suspension when he dropped the ECW title its because hes just a guy who gives you a nice spot every now and then.
    No no, that was Shelton Benjamin. Morrison is actually capable of having really good matches. You know, full-length, uninterrupted sequences of moves.

    Beauty, brains, brawn.
    Kana: The Queen Of Wrestling



    Respect List
    If I respect you, you already know who you are and don't need your name individually listed in my signature to prove that you have my respect.

  10. #10
    Check-pointer STKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    739
    My Mood
    Busy

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda™ View Post
    No no, that was Shelton Benjamin. Morrison is actually capable of having really good matches. You know, full-length, uninterrupted sequences of moves.
    Fair enough. Morrison has been given a lot more chances that Shelton Benjamin should of got. I'm not getting into another shelton bejamin debate with you cuda. Morrison has been used as a spot monkey and not as a serious main eventer. The only reason he got slightly over was because of his parkour shit, you can't even deny that but he couldn't carry himself well in a big storyline. Name one singles rivalry that you can remember


    Gaming Ring Accomplishments:
    -WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Night of Champions 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Over the Limit 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Survivor Series 2011 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 Prediction Winner

  11. #11
    is all out of bubble gum Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,894
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Age of $TKO View Post
    Fair enough. Morrison has been given a lot more chances that Shelton Benjamin should of got. I'm not getting into another shelton bejamin debate with you cuda. Morrison has been used as a spot monkey and not as a serious main eventer. The only reason he got slightly over was because of his parkour shit, you can't even deny that but he couldn't carry himself well in a big storyline. Name one singles rivalry that you can remember
    I realize that you're on the opposite end of the spectrum as a fan boy and will shoot this down as either a) the guy he was working with or b) so long ago that it is no longer relevant. That aside, CM Punk vs. John Morrison says hello. That was a great singles feud. Morrison is clearly a better heel than he is face. I think if they never would have turned him face, this would have hardly been a discussion. His mic work was even better as a heel, too, so that is a moot point, as well.

    Regardless, I fail to see how anyone can rejoice in a good talent being let go. R-Truth is still on the roster yet Morrison is going to get let go? Ridiculous.

    Credit: Nickelo

    My Mission

  12. #12
    boss super admin macjunior Impulsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    364
    My Mood
    Amused

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Morrison is bland and boring on a microphone, period.
    Inspect List

    Inspector Gadget.

  13. #13
    Quicksaver CROCODYLLIA™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    479

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Thats the problem these days...everyone expects too much from the superstars these days... its funny how nobody ever mentions how Jeff Hardy was shit on the microphone but he was as big of a spot monkey as John Morrison and nobody had a problem with him winning the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship...

    And so what if Morrison has shit mic skills... i bet if anyone here went out and tried to talk on a microphone in front of thousands of fans...they'd shit themselves...

    I'd say Morrison hasn't been bringing his A-Game as of late but he has done impressive things before...hes done a moonsault with a ladder...hes climb the highest in the elimination chamber before... he was thrown off the stage and did a flip and landed on his feet... he almost gets eliminated in the royal rumble and actually grabs onto the crowd barrier... hes a hard worker... his in-ring abilities are entertaining... they havent been as of late... but that doesn't mean to say he doesn't have good in-ring abilities...

    Ive been a fan of Morrison since he debuted his gimmick and won the ECW Championship, and the fact that everybody seems to think that The Miz is talented and Morrison isn't makes me sick... What the hell has the Miz done thats so special? he completely ripped off Chris Jericho in both attire and gimmick... even his finishing move "the skull crushing finale" is a rip off of Chris Jericho's highlight reel move he used at Survivor Series 2001 on The Rock. Morrison is fresh, he may have a Jim Morrison gimmick but he has the talent in him to be a huge star... and i don't get where all these "Morrison has had plenty of title shots" coming from?... how about when he earned his shot at the WWE Championship at TLC 2010 when he beat Sheamus and he only got to face The Miz on RAW because Randy Orton had to have his millionth shot at the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble? Maybe the reason Morrison is boring is because he has never even had a world title shot at any god damn pay per view...and dont mention the ECW Championship because we all know that title was a world title for mid card superstars...

    And since then when has Morrison had world title shots? he hasn't had shit since he went to RAW...ohhh ok...so he loses to The Miz on RAW and he loses to Cena in a triple threat steel cage match...so lets just throw all his fucking future opportunities out the window!...and since then..he had maybe two title shots at the World Heavyweight Championship when he was on Smackdown and one of those include being in an elimination chamber with five other guys. Im not buying into everyones bullshit saying Morrison is untalented and good riddance to his release... if everyone thinks being a WWE superstar is so easy...why don't they go sign up and try and make their way to the top without being buried...
    Last edited by CROCODYLLIA™; October 14, 2011 at 09:32 AM.



  14. #14
    The Choice Of A New Generation Cuda™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    Team Kana HQ
    Posts
    10,333
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsive View Post
    Morrison is bland and boring on a microphone, period.
    The Dirt Sheet and The Palace Of Wisdom beg to differ with you.

    Beauty, brains, brawn.
    Kana: The Queen Of Wrestling



    Respect List
    If I respect you, you already know who you are and don't need your name individually listed in my signature to prove that you have my respect.

  15. #15
    WWG Mod Mr. 187's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    DownUnda, Australia
    Posts
    3,098
    My Mood
    Dead

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I always wanted Morison to have that HBK-cockyness gimmick. Not like when he was tagging with Miz but his own ego to carry him. A heel turn is needed for him.
    MR. 187!

    Awesome Credit goes to Kayta "The Micro Legend!"

    2 TIME WWG INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION


    4 TIME TAG TEAM CHAMP! (With Pyro)

  16. #16
    Achievement Hunter
    Join Date
    September 2004
    Location
    Im in a bush near you!
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodyllia View Post
    Thats the problem these days...everyone expects too much from the superstars these days... its funny how nobody ever mentions how Jeff Hardy was shit on the microphone but he was as big of a spot monkey as John Morrison and nobody had a problem with him winning the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship...

    And so what if Morrison has shit mic skills... i bet if anyone here went out and tried to talk on a microphone in front of thousands of fans...they'd shit themselves...

    I'd say Morrison hasn't been bringing his A-Game as of late but he has done impressive things before...hes done a moonsault with a ladder...hes climb the highest in the elimination chamber before... he was thrown off the stage and did a flip and landed on his feet... he almost gets eliminated in the royal rumble and actually grabs onto the crowd barrier... hes a hard worker... his in-ring abilities are entertaining... they havent been as of late... but that doesn't mean to say he doesn't have good in-ring abilities...

    Ive been a fan of Morrison since he debuted his gimmick and won the ECW Championship, and the fact that everybody seems to think that The Miz is talented and Morrison isn't makes me sick... What the hell has the Miz done thats so special? he completely ripped off Chris Jericho in both attire and gimmick... even his finishing move "the skull crushing finale" is a rip off of Chris Jericho's highlight reel move he used at Survivor Series 2001 on The Rock. Morrison is fresh, he may have a Jim Morrison gimmick but he has the talent in him to be a huge star... and i don't get where all these "Morrison has had plenty of title shots" coming from?... how about when he earned his shot at the WWE Championship at TLC 2010 when he beat Sheamus and he only got to face The Miz on RAW because Randy Orton had to have his millionth shot at the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble? Maybe the reason Morrison is boring is because he has never even had a world title shot at any god damn pay per view...and dont mention the ECW Championship because we all know that title was a world title for mid card superstars...

    And since then when has Morrison had world title shots? he hasn't had shit since he went to RAW...ohhh ok...so he loses to The Miz on RAW and he loses to Cena in a triple threat steel cage match...so lets just throw all his fucking future opportunities out the window!...and since then..he had maybe two title shots at the World Heavyweight Championship when he was on Smackdown and one of those include being in an elimination chamber with five other guys. Im not buying into everyones bullshit saying Morrison is untalented and good riddance to his release... if everyone thinks being a WWE superstar is so easy...why don't they go sign up and try and make their way to the top without being buried...
    Don't group me into those who wanted Jeff as champion. Jeff is a great tag team wrestler but never liked him as a singles. I thought him as champion was stupid. And I was proven right.

    Yes your right we would all fail on our mic skills.. I can't remember last time I had to cut a promo at work...coz I am not a fucking WRESTLER!....and if if I did. I honestly think I would do better as I am the life of any party. But in all seriousness, you can't use the "You guys could't do it" argument, this guy wanted to be a wrestler and knew exactly what that meant, mic skills is apart of that. He just has none.

    As for your Miz comments, Miz...I hate Miz. But that is why he is where he is and Jim, sorry....John Morrison is nowhere. Miz gets a reaction out of people, he has charisma wherever you or me like him or not. Don't get me wrong Miz is another average in ring performer, granted he has got better but like many of the current roster. Green as fuck, all sizzle and no steak. But Charisma will get you over more then your actual ring ability in the WWE. Just look at Hogan, Nash, Cena. If it was all in ring ability then Bryan would be champion and Cena would be a jobber.

    And look at the reaction of people on here.....it is against him. Now that is just what 5-10 people, now times that by WWE fans worldwide and the same opinion will stand...that is why he aint drawing or selling shit.
    Last edited by SmackdownVsNoMercy; October 26, 2011 at 07:04 PM.
    1/27/13 The Rock reclaims his throne!

  17. #17
    is all out of bubble gum Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,894
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownVsNoMercy View Post
    ....

    And look at the reaction of people on here.....it is against him. Now that is just what 5-10 people, now times that by WWE fans worldwide and the same opinion will stand...that is why he aint drawing or selling shit.
    Wrong.

    I can see where you're coming from with the bulk of what you're on about. Given, I don't agree with it, but I can at least see it. But you're clearly pulling shit out of your ass, here.

    Morrison's items have always sold well, particularly his sunglasses. Matter of fact, his sunglasses are still in the top 20 items sold on WWEShop.com, while the Miz has zilch on there in the top 20. In terms of T-Shirts alone, the Miz does sell more than JoMo, but JoMo still sells more than Christian, Sheamus, Del Rio, and Dolph Ziggler, to name a few.

    Sure, John Morrison is green on the microphone, but that's where the WWE has failed with him. He's much better on the microphone as a heel. Hell, Ziggles blows on chunks on the microphone, but he can draw. So, they gave him Vickie. I've said this from day one, if the WWE would've given Morrison a manager a while back, he'd be a top star. Period.

    Credit: Nickelo

    My Mission

  18. #18
    Achievement Hunter Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2004
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    I think the thing that has hurt John Hennigan (real name) is that I have such a hard time taking him seriously when he talks. He has charisma, and he's got plenty of athletic skill. But one of the most important things a Superstar needs to have to ascend to the Main Event in the WWE and stay there is the ability to come across as dangerous.

    While Hennigan may have the physical ability to win wrestling matches, every time I hear him talk, it sounds like he's joking. It kind of reminds me of RVD and how he always sounds so laid back and chill, like he could never really get all that pissed about anything. Even if he was attacking people and "acting" mad, you always got the sense that in the end he'd just be like, "All right, it's cool, man; no worries." And while RVD got better at it over the years, in my opinion Hennigan really hasn't. He still always comes off as a little "snarky." And that could make you an excellent midcard talent (face or heel), maybe even get you some main event matches. But that will only get you to the dance; it won't keep you there.

    Back when Jericho faced Triple H at WM18, H said something about Jericho that pissed me off to no end. He said that Jericho was "missing something" when it came to being a main event talent. While his comment may or may not have been intended as an "in-character" POV, it pissed me off that H would say that about a guy he knew he was going to beat. However, when I look back at Jericho then, and I look back at Jericho over the last two years, you can see that maybe he was right. Jericho figured out how to dial it down and make it serious. It forced you to take HIM seriously, and whether he won matches or lost, you knew he was someone that belonged in the main event scene. A few world championships and some red hot feuds (especially with HBK) came his way as a result.

    Maybe that's what Hennigan needs to do, because as I said he certainly has the athletic ability to get to the main event. Hell, with his parkour style, he can do things that would break John Cena's hip if he even thought about doing them. But he has to be able to be taken seriously. I'm not saying he should be just like Jericho; I don't think that style would suit him. But he needs to find a way to dial it back and find that deadly serious side that will make him someone to be reckoned with. And if taking a break from the WWE will help him do that, then that's what he needs to do. It certainly helped Jericho; when he came back, he got to prove that he was the best in the world at what he does.
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania XXIX Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC 2013 Predictions Winner
    Trademarker of the Stagnitude Era
    Die Hard Movie Naming Champion
    Most Likely To Succeed
    Best Hair

  19. #19
    Check-pointer STKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    739
    My Mood
    Busy

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    first of all Cuda, the Dirt Sheet was only funny because of Miz and the Palace of Wisdom was fucking terrible!

    and Blaze the Punk/Morrison fued was worthless, in my opinion because blew his push and had to drop the belt early because he was juicing. And the only reason that fued drew a dime was because everyone wanted Punk to get his first World Championship. Dont get me wrong, Morrison has had some good matches, I never said he wasnt a good performer. He is. But he is just a spot monkey, I can see why some of you argue with me on that but obviously WWE doesnt view him as anything other than that. And how dare you say Dolph Ziggler sucks on the mic, hes not great but at least his words dont blend together.

    And Outlaw I agree with you about Morrisons lack of emotions, That goes with what Im saying. You can throw Kingston, Dibiase, Swagger and Id even throw Christian in that category. WWE Writers and a large number of fans only view him as a spot monkey, and thats why he cant be taken seriously.

    ---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

    also Crocodillya, I dont recall anyone on this site pulling for Jeff Hardy to win the World Championship. The way I remember everyone was upset that it wasnt Matt Hardy getting that push....... HAHAHAHA Matt Hardy


    Gaming Ring Accomplishments:
    -WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Night of Champions 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Over the Limit 2012 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Survivor Series 2011 Prediction Winner
    -WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 Prediction Winner

  20. #20
    GamingRing Hall of Famer @nti's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2004
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    8,368
    My Mood
    Tired

    Re: WWE Star Soon To Be Done With Company

    My favorite wrestler in the WWE since the transformation from Nitro to Morrison and looking at how this topic is turning out I'm shocked to see the lack of care over Morrison's overall package. I don't understand how this man could be called bland, boring or uninspiring. The man redefined the highflyer side of the WWE and made his unorthadoxed (what the ignorant many would call being a spot monkey) look just as much of a threat to opponents as any move set used by the main eventers today. Morrison broke the mold on how different a high flyer could portray himself to be and its a sickening shame WWE won't work with Morrison and allow him the main event time to shine...he's a gold mine waiting to happen but because they wont let him shine the fans in return cant stay hot for him without a great angle.

    Case in point the fans went apeshit for him when he beat Sheamus in the ladder match for a WWE contract. Do you know why? Because they gave him a nice story to work with as an underdog baby face against an already hot heel Sheamus...Morrison has the tools its just the backstage politics that held him back from going further. So this bullshit argument that John can't draw or bring pops is blatant fanboyism at its best. I think anyone who downright ignores what this man offers to the WWE and would much prefer the logrolling shit guys like Miz and Truth deliver is a joke in itself...not that its about them anyways. Morrison let his ability speak for him but in the WWE if you dont have a catchphrase, a flashy song and the ability to deliver text book cheap heat or cheap crowd pandering pops your not worth shit.


    Fuck this seriously just fuck this. Fuck WWE on this one.
    Last edited by @nti; October 27, 2011 at 01:39 AM.
    Why are you scared to dream of God
    When it's salvation that you want?
    You see stars that clear have been dead for years
    But the idea just lives on.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •