GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs

Update on REDEMPTION

Thanks to all who rped for the show. I hope to get it done soon and it should be up in the next day or so.
    Nice to see a decent turn out and hopefully the WWG will be back on track now.
    Back from the dead...at least for the moment!

Re: Update on REDEMPTION

Any updates?

My Mood
    Happy

Well...?

WWG's own Rockster Lobster (created by Kayta)

It was inevitable that this was going to happen. After the first week for the revival we had hardly any activity. Maybe 5 RPs (max) in the last week or two. Interest will never be the same, the site is dead and we're just beating a dead a horse. I'm not sure if Frisco has intentions of still putting up Redemption or not but it's been over a week since his last post.

Here is the bottom line:

I made every effort in the world to kick start the fed, but I'm kind of limited in what I actually have the authority to do. Six or seven months ago I was the actual mod here, but when Ransting came back I made the terrible decision to ask that he be made a mod as well. I mean the guy was a WWG lifer, so I wanted to have him aboard to be a part of the fed--it was 50% IWA, 50% WWG--but once it happened it didn't take long for me to realize we couldn't co exist. I basically said you have a million and one ideas on how you want to run things, so go ahead and run the whole show and left. I was pretty sure he was going to stick it out--I just never expected he'd completely disappear like he did.

Basically now there are three mods--none of which is named Frisco. As I said I did everything I could. I tried to kick start the fed with the "Firecracker" rp, I posted the card, I went to the old IWA site and mass mailed everyone to try to bring in some talent (which got a few peoples attention as some old IWA guys did come back.) we got to the point where all the rping is done--and I rped 4 times myself not counting announcing the cards and other stuff) and then the proverbial bump on the log becomes the road block.

I don't actually have any more authority that any other member in the forum. I can't decide who wins and losers and pick out the next WWG champ--that has to come from the real mods. The real mods--IMO--have no desire to see the fed back in action. I think they would rather fantasize on how good the old WWG was rather than have an IWA heavy fed show them how good it really could be. Three mods, Ransting has been MIA for six months, Moose is basically a forum lurker, and 187 is about as active as RAWs annonymus GM.

187 made several posts he wanted the fed to be revived, but his actions arn't matching his words. I Pmed him a month ago when A. Warren was having troubles logging back into GR. He wanted to return and I asked 187 if he could facilitate this--never heard back from him. A. Warren got sick of trying and disappeared. I had an idea how this was going to go right then and there.

I sent a PM asking 187 to pick the winners the night the deadline passed. I got back a "I'll have to think things over. Not many people rped" response from him 10 days ago. I havent heard a peep from him sense. My hands are tied on this.

Before people crucify me for this whole fiasco, just realize what I am actually in powered to do. I lit the fire, bought in some people, rped at least four times, wrote some other stuff, organized a whole card and responded to virtually every rped written. All the real mods have to do is tell me who wins and looses--which should be pretty damn simple in this case--and I'd even volunteer to write to entire card and post it--but instead we get this clusterfuck.

If I write the card without their consent it will likely be deleted, and I don't want to go through all that work for that to happen. I think at this point the only real chance of the WWG continuing comes from 187, and seeing what has happened for the past few months I'd say the prospect doesn't look good.

I wash my hands of the entire mess. I'd say more but I'd probably get banned--might anyway regardless. I made my best effort, but everything from this point on is really out of my hands.

That's really dumb, not you Frisco. They shouldn't have a say and if you're are not a mod than you should be. If we restart this there should only be one mod and that's you. Have you talked to the owners of GR about getting a mod spot?

So... just popped in on one of my lurks (I hang in the Doc Who thread mostly ). For the record, the old WWG days were nice; I agree. So were the old IWA days. But I don't sit around fantasizing about them hoping this attempted revival fails just because there's some old IWA guys around. That silly rivalry became irrelevant to me a very long time ago and it should be to anyone trying to run this place or keeping it alive in any way (that includes everyone from show runners to RPers) considering how slow the entire site as a whole is. I don't understand the paranoia about those of us who are still "officially" mods would delete the new show or bitch about you crowning a new champion, picking winners, etc. The simple fact is I just got old and busy. I have no time to RP or judge matches anymore. I haven't even had time to read any RPs anyone posted for the new show so I have no place in having any say what so ever of what the results should be. You organized the show, you're trying to revive the fed, you're in charge. Simple as that for me. I don't know why I'm still a mod here. I sure as hell don't know why Ran is.

I don't know what would make you think any of that; I haven't said a word about this other than maybe wishing you all luck with the revival as I do to every single person who tries to revive this place. I can't speak for Killa since I don't know what he's been up to (though I seriously doubt the guy would delete your show or something like that), but I know Ran is either in the same boat as I am with it; or even more likely, isn't even aware another revival is being attempted. Honestly, you could re-name the fed IWA and I wouldn't care if it brought a revival to the gaming ring feds at this point.
    RIP Super Ted

My Mood
    Happy

I dare not question your sincerity on the issue, Frisco, but I think it's a speed bump that can easily be traversed. With the mod issue, I'd tell one of the admins or whoever you gotta talk to the same thing you told and us and they should be able to help. After that's all said and done, we'll go from there, but I don't think it's fair to just write off this PPV when people RPed. It's understandable that not many people contributed, but those that did shouldn't see their hard work erased. We took the time to RP, so we deserve some results.

I've known you for a long time and I know if you had all of the tools, you'd run this fed all by yourself without any kind of help. Even with that being said, we're at a big disadvantage because the interest for this thing comes and goes. Sometimes I wonder if it even comes back...but I digress. Let's just overlook all of this and get back to the card. If it comes down to you just creating a quick results thing then so be it.

WWG's own Rockster Lobster (created by Kayta)

Fair enough. The card will be posted before the weekend.

Thread Information