GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: All Stars demo is out,and some XboxLive avatar items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
    If it had SD name you would be like this is the best game ever
    To be fair if it had the SD name you'd be bashing it.

Personally I like both.

My Mood
    Psychedelic

I played 5 matches after downloading the demo, 3 as Warrior and 2 as Rey...and I won all 5 matches, so no it has nothing to do with the outcome....I just don't like the gameplay, it's a ridiculous game with horrible looking character models, and shoddy controls.

No need to generalize people, just because we don't like a game that isn't Smackdown.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1100+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

I get that not everyone will like the game. That's cool it's your opinion. Play whatever it is you play.
    Just don't tell the world the game sucks because you don't like the character models and only learned half the moves/combos.

My Mood
    Amused

To be fair. If the reversal system was like this in year's past for SD. We would praise it.

-------------------
    Playing this on the highest difficulty warrior and rey does different movesets constantly. Now trying to figure out which one is which LOL.

While I like the combos that you can do from one move to another. And this being a fighting game I can let a few things slide like you can't choose certain manuevers because it'll definitely break the balance of the game.

OH! WHICH PROVES MY DAMN POINT! SVR is not a balanced game to be made competitive! Now allow me to quote CMpunk. I told you soooooooo.

Also, a couple of glitches I found that I was able to replicate. Hopefully this is fixed in the final version, but then again I doubt it. If you hit the opponent while they're in midair just right before they leap off the turnbuckle. The camera glitches out and you can only see the action from a very obscure angle.

a lot of the strike based combos can be blocked during mid combos. So not sure if there's a hit stun in this game where you can successfully continue all of them without the opponent being able to block.

But here's what I like. All the grapples are based on the button layout. And with each button you can pull off something different for the grapples.

quick grapple -> Quick strike/quickgrapple/strong strike/strong grapple.

So far in this demo you can perform 4 moves from those 4 button layouts and no matter what direction I pushed they seem to do the same move.. Now like I said before. If SVR had this button layout the grapple branching system would be insanely huge. THIS is what it should be for the simulation game.

Quick grapples -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + quick grapple = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + quick strike = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + strong grapple = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + strong strike = 5 different grapples/strikes

20 different quick grapples variations. And some moves can be combo after one another just like in all stars...possibilities are there.

Strong grapples -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + quick grapple = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + quick strike = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + strong grapple = 5 different grapples/strikes
    -> Up/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/neutral + strong strike = 5 different grapples/strikes

20 More different strong grapple variations.

40 different strong grapples total with added branching if there's a combo allowed for them. And that's just the goddamn front. Add the different grapple situation like a rear waist lock position, a headlock position. Add in button combination like pressing two buttons at the same time. Man...Allstars is how SVR is built. Not through an analog control. Analog control is way too limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
    Wow we already knew you were a moron but this proves it even more.

If it had SD name you would be like this is the best game ever

No, I'm glad it DOESN'T have SD name. Here's to all the trolls that will praise this piece of garbage of a game. You cant fight on the ramp,no ladder match, no full entrance(who did Warrior blow to get his?), Street Fighter mentallity. Screw this I'd rather play ECW: Anarchy Rules on the X Box and that was a terrible game. At least TNA Impact had an X Division match on it's debut. This game has been in development for TWO years and they only have 4 match types and NO FRICKIN LADDER MATCH!! I'll put my hard-earned cash elsewhere.
    " It doesn't mean you should,just because you can."
    "That is a fact of life."
    King Crimson

Completionist

Seiryuga: If i`m not mistaken you forgot that you can use the right stick to swap to side headlock(strong grapple) and rear waist lock(quick grapple) while in lock up. There`s 4 extra spots for each, but both Rey and Warrior seems to have at least 1 move twice in that section.

Edit: I really like the gameplay, which make the CAW restrictions worse.
    But as always i`ll work around that issue to make the most of what`s on offer.
    The SvR team should definately take note of the regular moves in this game, even if it`s a boring move(aka Warriors moveset) they are well done with flow and impact.
    Last edited by Trick; March 24, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

The game has only been in development for about a year...not two

It has taken the SD series how many years to get all these extra things that people seem to think is necessary for a game to succeed? Most of the gimmick match types in the SD series have been half-assed pieces of garbage that you play a couple times and then never touch again forever. I still for the life of me can't understand why people still don't get that this is not a purely "sim" wrestling game. "What is this?...combos?...well this is garbage." They have said god knows how many times that this was built as a fighting game first with parts of what a "sim" wrestling game is added to mix things up and provide more depth. If you go into this game wanting to play it like a pure wrestling game then of course you are going to hate it because that is not how this game was built. I would much rather have a set core of match types that are actually done right, balanced, and fun to play than 50 glitched and buggy gimmick matches that are tacked on because they think they have to add it to appease people.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is fine but I hate when people try to preach to others why they should or shouldn't like anything. People can make up their own minds and liking this game doesn't make someone a "troll" and not liking it doesn't make them a "hater". This isn't a game where there is a lot of grey area. You are either going to like it or hate it.

I usually just keep my mouth shut and never post my opinions so let the bashing commence...
    Last edited by Panicshade; March 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM.

My Mood
    Twisted

Ignoring the ignorant comments of some people *COUGH SPIDER COUGH*, I am quite dissappointed in this demo/game. It plays like TNA impact, but has far less to offer. I am in agreement with Viper. This has horrible controls and in my opinion, alot of limits. CAS being limited to choosing a superstars moveset and only being able to change the finisher? Not acceptable. Granted the reversals are great, the flow is nice, but other than that, it's just some button mashing arcade game. I'll stick with Fire Pro Returns.
    YouTube Player

How does this have far less to offer than Impact??,From the demo alone I have found double the moves than in that game and the CAW slots for that was 7 and this one has 10(from what I read somewhere),Plus the roster for Impact was 25 and two DLC characters while this one has 30 with about 10 DLC characters announced with more to come!

Each character has at least one alt.attire with most having three,Impact's only other main mode was storymode and this has two modes,Online had only 1 vs 1 while this has single/tag/handicap/3&4-ways!

Not much beyond Impact,But definitely not way-less!

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

I hadn't heard about the limited CAW movesets beforehand because honestly there's a certain level of things that I expected for a game like this. A million and one match types is NOT something I expected to see. I figured the match type list would be relatively small, though a lack of a ladder match does seem a bit off. Definitely not enough to shrug me off. I didn't even expect this game to HAVE a CAS mode, so that's an even bigger shocker to me.

Shame there are peeps instantly dismissing this. Gotta say I wasn't really digging the overall idea when I first heard of it, but I've really never laughed that hard while getting my ass kicked in a game. I lost the first three matches I played and loved every minute of my whoopin XD. It's just so insanely over-the-top that's it's really hard to resist. I think too many people went into this with the Smackdown series in the back of their mind and expected way too much

DLC announced so far

Hawk
    Animal
    Dusty Rhodes
    The Million Dollar Man
    The Big Bossman
    Jerry Lawler
    Michael Hayes
    The Honky Tonk Man
    Chris Jericho
    Cody Rhodes
    Ted DiBiase Jr.
    Mark Henry
    R-Truth

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
    How does this have far less to offer than Impact??,From the demo alone I have found double the moves than in that game and the CAW slots for that was 7 and this one has 10(from what I read somewhere),Plus the roster for Impact was 25 and two DLC characters while this one has 30 with about 10 DLC characters announced with more to come!

Each character has at least one alt.attire with most having three,Impact's only other main mode was storymode and this has two modes,Online had only 1 vs 1 while this has single/tag/handicap/3&4-ways!

Not much beyond Impact,But definitely not way-less!
    In my opinion, the game has too many limitations for my taste. I just don't like it. If you do, then all power to ya. Fact is I have more fun with a game like Fire Pro than something like this. This is catered tward kids. No blood, no hardcore matches, no cell/cage matches etc. Yes it is a very unique game, but the controls are god awful. And as I've said before, the controls and gameplay make a wrestling game. No amount of bells and whistles can make it better. The matches I played were pretty bad too with the controls. Couldn't even get out my finisher. I played 4 matches and won everytime, but was not interested to play anymore. Even if this was the full game, I'd find myself bored. Modes are fine, but you know the online is going to suffer from MAJOR lag like every game THQ makes does.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WebbanationX View Post
    I hadn't heard about the limited CAW movesets beforehand because honestly there's a certain level of things that I expected for a game like this. A million and one match types is NOT something I expected to see. I figured the match type list would be relatively small, though a lack of a ladder match does seem a bit off. Definitely not enough to shrug me off. I didn't even expect this game to HAVE a CAS mode, so that's an even bigger shocker to me.

Shame there are peeps instantly dismissing this. Gotta say I wasn't really digging the overall idea when I first heard of it, but I've really never laughed that hard while getting my ass kicked in a game. I lost the first three matches I played and loved every minute of my whoopin XD. It's just so insanely over-the-top that's it's really hard to resist. I think too many people went into this with the Smackdown series in the back of their mind and expected way too much
    I never went into this with a "smackdown" state of mind. I saw the game, thought it might be fun and different from the SD series. Well it's different, but not in a good way to me. I just don't like it. Viper said it best, and I agree with him.
    YouTube Player

Fair enough!,I understand why you may have that opinion and I was simply saying how you said that it was less limited than Impact and that's just not true But I agree it's still limited!

The online may be different than SvR though!,SvR2011 started perfectly until people started doing tons of paint tool logos and the lag&server problems mostly happens in the 5&6 person matches,This is a different team and so perhaps the online will be done differently too!?

Credit to ANewChallenger#Heel

Would be nice if I could actually download the Demo... Instead I get this "Exclusive to X-Box Live" bullshit. Fuck off.

Sig & Avatar Credit: Imp

Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewolf View Post
    but the controls are god awful. And as I've said before, the controls and gameplay make a wrestling game. No amount of bells and whistles can make it better. The matches I played were pretty bad too with the controls. Couldn't even get out my finisher.
    Took some time getting used to, but when you do(and don`t bother to much with the combo stuff) it doesn`t play that differently to SvR.
    Finishers can be tricky, but your best bet is to step away from the opponent before triggering the move.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    Seiryuga: If i`m not mistaken you forgot that you can use the right stick to swap to side headlock(strong grapple) and rear waist lock(quick grapple) while in lock up. There`s 4 extra spots for each, but both Rey and Warrior seems to have at least 1 move twice in that section.

Edit: I really like the gameplay, which make the CAW restrictions worse.
    But as always i`ll work around that issue to make the most of what`s on offer.
    The SvR team should definately take note of the regular moves in this game, even if it`s a boring move(aka Warriors moveset) they are well done with flow and impact.
    Nope didn't forgot about those, I would count them as a special grapple since it doesn't go into a collar and elbow tie up.

That's why I had the rear waist lock as a back grapple instead.

But holy god, the potential that control map out can do in SVR would do wonders.

The CAW restrictions would make sense in this game. Because that would break the balance of the gameplay. Which will probably be broken anyways as soon as people find glitches or moves with insane amt of priorities.

-------

Edit:

notice how the casual fan starts spouting about match types and lack of match types?

Ahhh...I love it when games like this filters out people LOL.

I do agree that the controls do feel a bit stiff. But then again I took my time to learn things from Firepro here. So this doesn't seem so bad. And I think the controls are on par with No mercy's if not better.

In terms of depth, I don't think this will go on par with something on the mainstream fighting games.

Also found an air combo LOL.

Warrior:

Forward + Strong Strike (launched) -> Qs, Qs, Strong strike, strong strike. Opponent should be punched high enough to get launched further out of the ring.
    Last edited by Seiryuga; March 27, 2011 at 01:57 AM.

Completionist

Yeah he did that to me in a match, punched Rey straight out of the ring.

My Mood
    Pensive

Holy shit, just finished playing the demo and it was the most difficult time I ever had playing a wwe game. Its going to take me a while to get used the controller but this is game is very fun to play and plays a lot smoother than the svr series.

yeah...I thought the same when I first played the demo cuz Rey kicked my ass all over the ring. Once you get the combos and reversals down it is a lot easier and more fun

also from a live stream I was watching the online seems to be smooth and not laggy (Least for 1 vs 1 matches..thats all I saw)
    Last edited by Panicshade; March 27, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information