GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
    Tried the Demo

Someone with the game gives his opinion...(not too good)

Found this on CAWS.WS, someone claims to have the game and says it's bad.

Credit: brienj from CAWS.WS

I just got this game, and you will be thoroughly disappointed in it. It IS as bad, if not worse, than TNA Impact. Let me list some things:

1) From a weak grapple, you have four moves you can perform, and one of them is ALWAYS a snapmare.
    2) From a strong grapple, you once again have only four moves you can perform.
    3) There ARE two special moves you can do, but some of the people have a lowblow kick as a special move.
    4) The wrestlers move around like they are going through molasses, whether you are running or throw someone with an irish whip, it's so slow, it's comical.
    5) Once you initiate a grapple, you CAN NOT move, you are stuck there until you try to perform a move.
    6) Once you have initiated a grapple and irish whip somebody, you can NOT choose the direction you throw them, it depends on which way you are facing when you grappled them.
    7) One strike attack or one combo strike.
    8) One kick attack or one combo kick.
    9) The ring is WAY too big compared to the competitors.
    10) Only two different moves can be performed on somebody in a turnbuckle.
    11) You can NOT throw somebody back into the ring.

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask, I want to save as many people from wasting their hard earned money as I can.

I was really hoping it wouldn't be this bad, from people trying to say the gameplay videos were of an early build and stuff, but wow, it is so bad, I give it 4/10, and that's being nice.
    I thought this game would be pretty good, but glad i learned my lesson from TNA Impact and will probably pick this game up when it drops to $20 or so, which it probably will in a month or two sometime during the holidays.

My Mood
    Doh

Re: Someone with the game gives his opinion...(not too good)

Just as expected and feared.....

Will wait for it to drop very low in price...

Only 4 caws ?

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Just as expected and feared.....

Will wait for it to drop very low in price...

Only 4 caws ?
    LMAO I'm sorry but I already said earlier that this looked like a TNA Impact Clone and I guess this turned out to be a bad and ugly clone aint it ? I knew this was gonna be a stinker and am glad someone did this. I hope Brad enjoys It and who ever else buys It but those fools ain't gonna get my hard earned money.

Achievement Hunter Radman McAwesome's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine

.....just like Impact, this had SO much potential, but falls on it's face.

Spoiler:

I forcefully expel saliva unto the countenances of those individual human beings who choose not to maintain a reasonably comfortable and low body tempature.

No Way Out 2008 Prediction Winner
    Great American Bash 2008 Prediction Winner
    SummerSlam 2008 Prediction Winner
    WrestleMania XXVIII Prediction Winner
    695x GamingRing Hardcore Champion (second most reigns)

I have the game got it today and all I can say is WOW......what a disappointment everything the OP said was right on the money.I had high hopes for this game, but with the move limitation it's bad. TNA Impact is better than this game no lie.They should've taken more time on this game and had crazy amount of moves thought this was Lucha Libra?

My concerns

Slow moving wrestlers( the pace is awful makes you want to turn the game off)
    CPU is on auto-reverse
    Button configuration is crazy(Hold LT=4 weak grapple: Hold RT=4 strong grapple)
    Lack of turnbuckle moves
    44 Finishers
    Reversal timing seems off
    Only two types of weapons chairs and light bulbs
    Hugh ring insane crazy big

Completionist

The Brienj guy posted some clips in the mentioned thread, for those who care. One for bad gameplay and one for CAW mode.

Still not to fussed that this game isn`t released in Europe...

Tried the Demo

Purchased the game today and it's not bad. In fact, it's quite good. Of course this is just my opinion, but I base it on having played domestic and import wrestling games (including various Fire Pro titles, King of Colosseum, VPW2, and Toukon Road: Brave Spirits, ASPW 1-3) for over twenty years.

While the game does not allow for a large number of CAWS and there are not a plethora of extra moves, game play is decent and much better than that of Impact. It is reminiscent of the old AKI games.

In the end it's a fun game that can be a good building block for a franchise.

Peace...

My Mood
    Blah

I'm so disappointed! I expected so much more.
    "If Miz can kick your ass then the clerk at the store can kick your ass"- Chavo Guerrero

I don't always drink, but when I do, I SAVAGELY beat my wife.

"I'm a short dicked Irishman!" - Brian Kendick

If your product were any good, you wouldn't need sexism to sell it.

My Mood
    Paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    The Brienj guy posted some clips in the mentioned thread, for those who care. One for bad gameplay and one for CAW mode.

Still not to fussed that this game isn`t released in Europe...
    Listen dont believe ALL the bad things said about this game from that guy. He has been trolling the Gamefaqs board with that same nonsense. Listen, the game is not that bad. Its not a TNA clone mainly because it has ALOT more moves than that game and the AI that he complained about, if you really pay attention, he looped the vids to make it look like the guy sat on the turnbuckle doing nothing. He also showed a vid in the TRAINING mode and said that was how the wrestlers acted in MATCHES. The AI in this game is more aggressive than SVR will ever be. No, this game will not be better than SVR in most aspects but I can say this whole heartedly.......

This game is FUN.
    You think YOU got lag? It took Jesus THREE DAYS to respawn!

You know, reading this from the recent replies at the top of the forum. I thought this was about SD vs Raw 2011, el oh fucking el
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Depact 2.0 View Post
    maybe Mr. Kennedy so how get Holly and we just dont know it
    [February 23, 2010 11:02 PM] BradVanDam: Striker throws facts, but he just makes them up.

Originally posted by Sudden Depact
    Iu know what FUCK ALL U MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! IF I EVER FIND YOU HURLEY HURRICANE I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!! THATS MY GIRL AND U BETTER FUCKING TAKE HER PIXS DOWN AND I DONT GIVE ONE FUCK WHAT ALL U FAGS THINK BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER ALOT. YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK GR!
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u like talking about my girl Hurley. well dam u fucking look like one
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u
    [February 8, 2009 08:08 PM] Johnny Drago: u like talking about my girl Hurley. well dam i fucking look like one

BradVanDamXE (11:33:13 PM): I beat MGS4 looking back at all i experienced i think it may have changed my life

Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Idlehands View Post
    Listen dont believe ALL the bad things said about this game from that guy. He has been trolling the Gamefaqs board with that same nonsense. Listen, the game is not that bad. Its not a TNA clone mainly because it has ALOT more moves than that game and the AI that he complained about, if you really pay attention, he looped the vids to make it look like the guy sat on the turnbuckle doing nothing. He also showed a vid in the TRAINING mode and said that was how the wrestlers acted in MATCHES. The AI in this game is more aggressive than SVR will ever be. No, this game will not be better than SVR in most aspects but I can say this whole heartedly.......

This game is FUN.
    Well i did find it strange that he positioned the guy on the floor in a position that seemed to be out of reach from the turnbuckle.

But at the same time, i concluded it was no tragedy not getting the game long before this guys thread.
    Just doesn`t look that good IMO.

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum XL View Post
    You know, reading this from the recent replies at the top of the forum. I thought this was about SD vs Raw 2011, el oh fucking el
    Me too!

WWG's own Rockster Lobster (created by Kayta)

I have been waiting for a lucha libre wrestling game based on AAA or CMLL since I was a kid!,I was planning on getting it no matter what since it's a wrestling game.....But sounds like maybe not after all!.

The realm of wrestling games had seen better days... and sometimes i'd get more enjoyment out of old games like Super Fire Pro Wrestling 3 Easy Type & X Premium...

We're now on 360 & PS3 and developpers still afford to release sub-wrestling games in 2010-2011 like AAA Heroes Del Ring

But what I really like on PS3, games are becoming more intense graphically, All-Stars looks good on intensity, so I hope some better games after All Stars, graphical intensity would be a great direction to go

Tried the Demo

i tried this out and it wasn't very good.

Tried the Demo retrosportsgamer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused

Another poster noted it already but it should be said again. It's unbelievable that in this day and age we can't have a decent non-WWE wrestling game be made.

I slogged through TNA Impact and was hoping there'd be more info or feedback here on AAA.

Collector and blogger of retro sports and wrestling video games

Tried the Demo

~~ ~~ ~~

I'm fully agreed with you

Thread Information