GR Network: Homebrew Wrestling, MMA Figs, Ringside Collectibles, Wrestling Figs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Smackdown vs Raw 2013

To Marcus/THQ...I notice that a lot of your answers contain the phrase " because of this being an annual title" Well here's an idea,why don't you skip a year and give us 9 more DLC packs to keep our beaks wet and then give us ....Smackdown vs Raw 2013: The Ultimate Wrestling Experience!! in the summer of 2012. Some of these DLC packs can contain movesets,arenas,weapons,superstars and divas. This would give you over a year and a half to deliver the best game in THQ history.Maybe by then you will even find a way to put more than 6 guys in the ring at a time! What do you think? Are you up for this challenge? Please pass this on to Cory,Bryan,Tank or anyone else of importance at THQ. And don't say "because we are committed by WWE to put out a yearly title" because you are also committed to the WWE Universe to give us what we want....THE BEST WRESTLING GAME EVER!!. Thank you for your time.
    " It doesn't mean you should,just because you can."
    "That is a fact of life."
    King Crimson

Re: Smackdown vs Raw 2013

That would never....ever happen. Its all about the MON-NAY!..

My Mood
    Stressed

LOL INB4Lock!
    THQ YUKES WORKERS I'M THE REAL DEAL"

No Imposter EVERYTHING ABOUT ME Scream's....C H A M P I O N

I'Know Many of you dont like me. But I Could careless because IN THE END OF THE DAY I'M MORE REAL'R THEN YOU!

If it's all about the money then fine. charge me for DLC I dont care.If it makes it a better way of giving us new stuff,I will gladly pay for it.In the meantime it would take a lot of pressure off the developers and they could focus on what needs to be done.Let's face it would you wait a year if you got a awesome game? I would. I would wait and allow the team to give us better physics and interaction with things like steel steps,an Elimination Chamber that the glass would actually shatter in real time and a cage match that looks like you are watching it live or a Royal Rumble with 10 guys on the screen at once.
    " It doesn't mean you should,just because you can."
    "That is a fact of life."
    King Crimson

Gaming Purist

If the gameplay was near perfect, this would make sense in a way but the gameplay isnt, simple fact

Quote Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
    If the gameplay was near perfect, this would make sense in a way but the gameplay isnt, simple fact
    Then it does make sense so they could get it better. I'm with it, while they do this they could even put out a another SmackDown game in HCTP format like re-release it or something with just better graphics, I'm pretty sure many people a buy it. While they focus on a new title.

My Mood
    Psychedelic

If we were getting consistent DLC for 2 years then I would be all for it....otherwise it'll get to the point where people will have some withdrawals. And it's hard to say if 2011 will even last the whole year like the old games did...much less 2 years.

Promoted to Super Mod
    1100+ Time GR Hardcore Champion
    WWE Royal Rumble 2009, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania xXx Predictions Winner
    WWE No Way Out 2008 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Over the Limit 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE Payback 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2012 Predictions Winner
    WWE SummerSlam 2013 & 2014 Predictions Winner
    WWE Unforgiven 2007 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2007, 2009 & 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Battleground 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Hell in a Cell 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Survivor Series 2008, 2010 & 2011 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC: Tables Ladders & Chairs 2010 & 2012 Predictions Winner

I can't see why they can't do this.

Rock Band does it (releases a game, then supports it with regular DLC for 2 years before RB3 is released).

They would still lose money if they went that route...and There not in the business of losing money.

Completionist The Celtic Warrior's Avatar

The way we villainze THQ/Yukes around here is getting dumber every day. People act as though they are in control of everything.

WWE wants a game every year. You think THQ can just call them up and say "hey, forget that little contract we have, we're gonna take a year off, do some DLC packs, and make 2013 a better game, because that's what the hardcore fans want".

THQ/Yukes are more than deserving of some of the criticism that we throw at them, but some of the stuff being said around here is just silly. Let me clarify, I don't think the idea is stupid. Updating 2011 with DLC and taking longer to release the next game would be awesome. But the fact that we're all laying blame on THQ, that's the stupid part. They release what they are paid to release. WWE wants it annually, THQ releases a new game annually.

You really think with the horribly PPV buy-rates and the general economy lately, that Vince McMahon and the WWE are interested in not releasing a SVR 2012? Hardly. Quite the contrary. They're coming out with MORE products, like All-Stars, and the rumored THIRD title that still has to come out.

Everything is NOT THQ's fault, as much as we try to make it sound that way. I'm starting to feel bad for them getting shit talked all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Warrior View Post
    The way we villainze THQ/Yukes around here is getting dumber every day. People act as though they are in control of everything.

WWE wants a game every year. You think THQ can just call them up and say "hey, forget that little contract we have, we're gonna take a year off, do some DLC packs, and make 2013 a better game, because that's what the hardcore fans want".

THQ/Yukes are more than deserving of some of the criticism that we throw at them, but some of the stuff being said around here is just silly. Let me clarify, I don't think the idea is stupid. Updating 2011 with DLC and taking longer to release the next game would be awesome. But the fact that we're all laying blame on THQ, that's the stupid part. They release what they are paid to release. WWE wants it annually, THQ releases a new game annually.

You really think with the horribly PPV buy-rates and the general economy lately, that Vince McMahon and the WWE are interested in not releasing a SVR 2012? Hardly. Quite the contrary. They're coming out with MORE products, like All-Stars, and the rumored THIRD title that still has to come out.

Everything is NOT THQ's fault, as much as we try to make it sound that way. I'm starting to feel bad for them getting shit talked all the time.
    I have to agree with you, somethings has to be out of THQ & Yuke's control. I mean it would be nice if for once if they heard something more on a positive side vs most every body bitching and complainting about the game flaws and all.
    Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Warrior View Post

Exactly My friend...exactly.

My Mood
    Crappy

NEVER gonna happen...because 1. DLC is only for next-gen systems, 2. they would make much less money from DLC than a new game because DLC can't offer new features or update game modes, etc. 3. THQ like others said do not make that call the WWE and their stockholders do...and their contract is for an ANNUAL game...period.

I offer a counter-proposal:

Brand split the game franchise. Make two games, each coming out every other year.

WWF/WWE used to release games non-annually. It wasn't because they weren't popular; hell, they were a lot MORE popular 10 years ago. It was because they had multiple game franchises on multiple systems.

I'm not suggesting they go the multiple system route, but having multiple game franchises allows more time to be devoted to the creation of each. Say you keep the Smackdown vs Raw franchise as one, Wrestlemania can be another. SvR comes out 2010 and then the next one won't be due until 2012, while WM comes out 2011 and then the next one in that franchise comes out 2013.

Each franchise would now get two years to work out kinks, develop workable in-ring mechanics, and generally make sure that the product that gets shipped is as up-to-date and polished as possible. Throughout the time in between releases, DLC packs with updated attires, trons, music, arenas, movesets, etc., can be released for each franchise to ensure you still have a reason to keep playing that game, but if you want the newest features (the new RTWM, the new WWE Universe cutscenes, etc.), you have to buy the other franchise game too. We wouldn't be buying more games than we already do (one a year), but we'd also be getting a lot more optional DLC to give WWE/THQ/Yukes the financial incentive to keep pumping out the packs.

I'm not talking about an arcade game like All-Stars; I'm talking about two competing, legitimate wrestling experiences. Even the WWE knows competition is better for business; that's why they constructed their own internal brand split, to create that illusion. Why not do it in the gaming world as well?

With this system in place, we would never be without a new game each year, but the level of quality of each game we'd buy would be so much better given that they were allotted two years of development rather than just one.

Crazy idea, but I think it might be cool.
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania XXIX Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC 2013 Predictions Winner
    Trademarker of the Stagnitude Era
    Die Hard Movie Naming Champion
    Most Likely To Succeed
    Best Hair

My Mood
    Crappy

THQ has an ANNUAL contract, nuff said...period.

My Mood
    Stressed

[QUOTE=The Celtic Warrior;998788]The way we villainze THQ/Yukes around here is getting dumber every day. People act as though they are in control of everything.

THQ/Yukes are more than deserving of some of the criticism that we throw at them, but some of the stuff being said around here is just silly. Let me clarify, I don't think the idea is stupid. Updating 2011 with DLC and taking longer to release the next game would be awesome. But the fact that we're all laying blame on THQ, that's the stupid part. They release what they are paid to release. WWE wants it annually, THQ releases a new game annually ^^THIS IS 100% True
    THQ YUKES WORKERS I'M THE REAL DEAL"

No Imposter EVERYTHING ABOUT ME Scream's....C H A M P I O N

I'Know Many of you dont like me. But I Could careless because IN THE END OF THE DAY I'M MORE REAL'R THEN YOU!

Quicksaver
    My Mood
    Dead

Let's not kid ourselves, THQ wants it annually too SVR is a big franchise for them. Even when the sales dropped it still makes them a lot of money every year though not as much as they would have liked. We don't know the specifics of the agreement but I would be surprised if it explicitly states "A new Smackdown game must be produced every year on a X number of game platform". I'm sure there's at least a annual game or two requirement but nothing that is that strict, possibly a sales number requirement but that would be something I would imaged to be perceived as dangerous.

THQ produces the games, WWE signs off on accepting the ideas while over seeing the project and making sure it adheres to their guidelines though I doubt a there's a "quality check" requirement. What WWE is most concerned about is $$$ just like THQ. Without a suitable alternative SvR is where the money is at. Until they can come up with something viable it's not going to change and from the look of things we're going to start getting a new WWE game roughly every six months if All Stars is successful.

A bigger budget could do almost as much as a longer development time.

Everybody whines about EVERY single thing like "why is Jack Swagger missing his Swagger in SVR2011 wah wah wah" so the SVR series will never be the best it can be. and you guys claim to be the grand holy smart people but then cry when you see one thing is missing.
    [

Bad Apple
    (Banned)

My Mood
    Goofy

Outlaw: Your idea isnt horrible, but the one thing about it is, the WWE wanted one developer/one marketer/one game. They decieded on Smackdown/thq/yukes being that annual game because they also wanted the specific game to be multi systems as well. Now they are allowing them to create titles like All-Stars AS LONG as they get the Smackdown title out every year.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Spider: The one thing fans seem to throw to the side, is whether you have a year/two years or longer, there is NO guarantee that the game will be improved the way you want it to be. Yes, it would allow them more time to get things in that they didnt this year, but the way the wwe changes as the year goes by, imagine the things they would have to continually put in/take out with a game that takes two years to put out.

Everyone seems to think that an extra year would make the gameplay ten times better, but I dont see the gameplay being improved that much more, but the out-dated complaints by fans would be much higher than there is now, because there would become a time where you have to stop adding and subtracting items every 20 secounds to keep the game up to date.

Perfect example, lets say they took this year off and waited for next year, look at Nexus, lets say they put all of them in the game, like fans wanted, but (if the rumors turn out to be true) nexus is split up come november, and at least half of them are released or sent to fcw. Now come the following October, your almost a year past their split and they are in the game as a group. Same thing with attires/moves/entrances. So basically the gameplay got some extra time to work on (that doesnt mean it still turns out that it is the way you want it too) and everything including story modes are completely outdated by over a year. People would not view this as the greatest wrestling game ever.

You make a good point, mccanehd. Obviously if the WWE wants it to be just one annual title like it is and that is it, then that is how it will be, as the E are the ones with the pull. I was just suggesting that if they had two dueling game franchises, one coming out each year opposite the other, THQ/Yukes would have more time to fine-tune each game to ensure as few problems with the gameplay and game in general as possible. In my scenario, they'd spend the bulk of the extra time they were given on each game testing the crap out of it to make sure it ran perfectly smoothly in as many ways as possible. But it's only one course of action they could take. Clearly things won't be changing any time soon, and the system they have in place seems to be working for them financially. If they release enough DLC this year, it could be the most profitable year for them yet. And I have a feeling once they get a taste of that, we're going to see plenty of DLC every year going forward. I just hope they don't start selling as DLC things that had no reason not to be on the game disc in the first place, just to make an extra buck. But only time will tell.
    WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE WrestleMania XXIX Predictions Winner
    WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE Night of Champions 2013 Predictions Winner
    WWE TLC 2013 Predictions Winner
    Trademarker of the Stagnitude Era
    Die Hard Movie Naming Champion
    Most Likely To Succeed
    Best Hair

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information